Any Experience with ZipZoomfly.com ??

thephatp

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
I know this is a weird question, but I didn't know where the best place to ask would be...

I'm planning on getting some stuff from them that is sold out on newegg.

Does anyone have any experience with this company, good or bad? Or do you know of a good resource for finding out about companies like this? I hate the typical rating sites b/c it's become so easy to create fake reviews.

Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

PS. I posted this in another forum here on tomshardware as well, hoping to get some opinions quickly, because I'm ready to buy. I've read some of the opinions in the forum here, but they are pretty old. So, I'm hoping someone can shed some light that has some experience with this company or has dealt with them recently. Thanks!

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I have used them for years and have spent several thousands of $ there. I can strongly say that you can buy from them with confidence. I look there before newegg most of the time. There PSU prices are generally much less their. I have returned one item before and their service was great. No problems at all. They also use fedex for their shipping, which I like more than UPS. Hope this helps.

Best,

3Ball

ivanski

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
I bought an FX60 from them last year,had no problems at all.
I would buy from them again if the price is right,also they are based in Ca." bay area "20 minutes from me:)

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Nothing but good experiences... probably 5 or 6 orders. The only dead part I had from them was returned to the manufacturer without incident... I'm pretty sure they'd have been fine with the return as well, but I opted to test Corsair's RMA department. Sometimes they're cheaper than NewEgg on some stuff... I generally go between those two.

If you really don't trust online vendors, my local Wal-Mart just upgraded it's video card selection... instead of an Nvidia 5600 FX, they'll gladly sell you an Nvidia 6200 Turbo Cache for around $100. Yep, Wal-Mart ROCKS!

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
yep i concur.
I've spent significant money with both ZipZoomFly and newEgg about a year ago when I was building a new system with several orders of top-end stuff. Never had any issues.
Their prices are always very competitive too.
Basically its a tossup between zzf and newegg. Both are no-brainers really.

Stay away from Tiger Direct though. I placed an order for some hard-to-find ram from them (corsair 1111mhz ddr2) when I was building my new system and zipzoomfly and newegg didn't have any in and wouldn't for a while.
I decided to pay Tiger's higher pricing rather than wait for the others after Tiger's website showed it in stock and also a phone call to them to confirm it was in stock.
After I placed the order I got a real run-around. EAch time I phoned for several weeks they claimed the order had already been sent out to me and I just needed to wait for delivery. After nearly a month they finally admitted it hadn't even come in to stock yet.
Basically Tiger Direct's pricing, ethics and customer service suck ass. I'll never order from them again.

dlmac

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I just bought a lot of my new computer parts from there and had one bad experience. Everything arrived on time except the ram, it was on back order but the only indication was the slip in the box. The website did not say, I did not get an email saying it was back ordered, nor did my order status say anything other then shipped.

Another bad thing is I got some ram today from them and it is not what I ordered. I have sent 4 emails and I have only received one response. My first email basically said asked what happened and why is it back-ordered. Their only response was to tell me it was back-ordered. I have called them too and they have yet to return any of my calls.

I will still shop with them, their prices for the parts I purchased where less then from NewEgg. I definitely prefer NewEgg over ZZF.

zodiacboyscorp

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
From my point of view they have faster shipping than newegg. I don't know what happens with bad products because (knock on wood) thus far I haven't experienced it.

I've ordered my case from them $60 with $20 rebate and free shipping. This case retails from newegg over $100 shipped, I also received the case quicker. I've also bought Opteron 165, a WD harddrive, and more. All shipped and received withing 3 business days. Personally, I've had a better experience with them then newegg.

thephatp

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2007
Thanks to all of you for your input. I just made my first purchase from them, and so far so good. Everything was clear and easy from an ordering perspective, so I'm hoping the same is true for the processing and shipping!!

Thanks again!!!

Sugarcane

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005
I ordered a system for my son a few years back from Zipzoomfly. Have also been ordering from Newegg for 8 or so years. ZZF's prices are slightly higher than Newegg's, but I found that was offset by their cheaper shipping costs. You could order 10 different items that weigh 5 oz each from Newegg, but the shipping might turn out to be $50. I know it sounds weird, but they've done it to me several times with regular 3 day fedex or slower shipping.

But anyway, I ordered that system from ZZF, free shipping back then too, and it came in 3-4 days. Pretty good in my book.

cory1234

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005

Sugarcane

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2005
Yeah I forgot to mention. One thing that sucks for me is since I live in NJ, they tax me:( I wish they moved their warehouse to PA or something!

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I ordered my 2x1GB Corsair RAM from ZZF on October 07. They shipped me the RAM w/ FedEx. The RAM came in an envelope w/ inner bubbles =[

Good thing it didn't show any errors by Memtest.