Question Any fix to this issue with Redgear A15 Gaming mouse software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2021
So I recently bought this mouse from Amazon, and downloaded the manual and the software to change the dpi and color from the official website of Redgear. On opening the software, I get a popup saying "Finding the device" and clicking OK doesn't change anything. Unable to access the different menus and even change the different keybinds. The software isn't frozen or unresponsive. Any suggestions/fixes are welcome. Also to mention, I am able to use the mouse otherwise without any problem, just unable to access the software.

Ralston18

Titan
This mouse?

https://www.amazon.in/Redgear-Gaming-Semi-Honeycomb-Windows-Gamers/dp/B08CHZ3ZQ7

==== On your system ====

Manually download the mouse drivers, reinstall, and reconfigure.

Do the same for the software.

Could be some bug or file corruption in one or both.

====

Are you able to test the mouse and software on another known working system?

Determine if you can make dpi and color changes in another PC environment.

Feb 23, 2021
I'm also facing the same issue I bought this mouse yesterday now I've install the software to change dpi and mouse RGB but it's showing me the same popup (finding device).Any suggestions to fix this issue?

Feb 22, 2021
This mouse?

https://www.amazon.in/Redgear-Gaming-Semi-Honeycomb-Windows-Gamers/dp/B08CHZ3ZQ7

==== On your system ====

Manually download the mouse drivers, reinstall, and reconfigure.

Do the same for the software.

Could be some bug or file corruption in one or both.

====

Are you able to test the mouse and software on another known working system?

Determine if you can make dpi and color changes in another PC environment.

Yes, it's the same mouse.

There are no drivers for the mouse on their website. All I can find is a manual and an .exe file which I'm facing trouble with. Could you point me to any drivers you know of? Or maybe any old drivers. The older mice of this variant seem to work fine, but all newer ones(I guess maybe manufactured in the past 6 months or so) have this issue.

I've tried reinstalling the "HID - compliant mouse" in Device manager, still same issue exists.
Tried re-downloading the software as well, still no change. Same glitch.

It's the same situation in any other device. And Dpi and color changes can be made through the buttons on the mouse itself. That works pretty fine. The software is needed just for customizing these changes. And that's where the problem comes.

I'm supposing there is some bug, some software error with the .exe, because a lot of people who have purchased this device in the past few months seem to have this issue.

Please do let me know of any alternatives.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021
I'm also facing the same issue I bought this mouse yesterday now I've install the software to change dpi and mouse RGB but it's showing me the same popup (finding device).Any suggestions to fix this issue?
I've mailed Redgear team, let's wait for their reply (if they are ready to give any). I'll wait until my return period is about to end for their reply. If I don't get a reply, I'll return the mouse. I suggest you to follow the same if you are into the customization. Else, it's a really good mouse to use even without the customizations.

Ralston18

Titan
@RahulMark42

Actually we almost "crossed in the mail".

====

That is one of the problems with RGB products. Manufacturer's just toss out RGB products to take advantage of the fad/trends. No real interest in fully developing supporting drivers and apps for the long run.

Especially if the product's sale projections fall short.

You are doing just what I would do.

Redgear may or may not reply and that reply may or may not be helpful.

Get everything ready to be sent back if you decide to do so.

Get a RMA (if necessary) and allow extra shipping time. Things still slow in some places due to the pandemic.

Feb 24, 2021
I am having the exact same issue.
Bought this yesterday, program is stuck on finding the device;
I have tried every single thing. Somebody please help

Feb 24, 2021
I've mailed Redgear team, let's wait for their reply (if they are ready to give any). I'll wait until my return period is about to end for their reply. If I don't get a reply, I'll return the mouse. I suggest you to follow the same if you are into the customization. Else, it's a really good mouse to use even without the customizations.
Which mouse you will buy or I should buy if we returned a15 mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS