Question Any flawless method to record in 60fps while play with 75hz refresh rate ??

bluecat68

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Hi. Good day.

Just wondering if there is a way to record gameplay in 60fps while monitor refresh rate is set to 75hz ??

I did it before but the video don't look as smooth as 60fps with 60hz.

The reason for that is I have a 75hz monitor so thinking if it's possible to fully utilize the hz for an even smoother gameplay while still get a smooth 60fps gameplay video for Youtube.

Yes I know I can do 75fps / 75hz video and let Youtube change the frame rate to 60fps while processing the video or I change the frame rate while doing editing but the result is not great.

What resolution are you uploading the videos to YouTube at? Unless your videos get a ton of views, YT will not use the high end VP9 compression for any clips 1080p or less. I don't get a ton of views, and am limited to a 1080p capture on my 1080p display, so I resize them to 2560x1440 while compressing with Avidemux. I also use ABR 30,000 bitrate compression, which results in very good quality. One might think resizing to a larger res without the pixels to support it would cause blur, but the higher compression rate more than makes up for it. I still see SO many blurry 1080 videos on YT, and I think if more people knew about or took the time to take the steps mentioned, their videos would be much easier on the eyes at 1440p with superior compression.

Now I know this isn't going to specifically solve the refresh rate issue, but it might make them look a ton better at 60Hz capture, IF you're currently uploading 1080p res or less clips without lots of views.

Can you at least post a link to your YouTube channel so I can see the videos you've already uploaded? That would go a long way toward determining what needs to be done. Or just embed any of the problematic videos you've already posted to YT.

Last edited:
Windows' built-in game recorder will record at either 30 or 60 FPS, regardless of refresh rate, frame rate, or whatever. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure every screen capture program will simply copy what's in the frame buffer at some regular rate, regardless of output settings.

I know about this "upload video in at least 2K resolution to trigger the VP9" thing but I don't see how this issue has anything to do with my question.
As I said, I know it won't directly solve the refresh rate issue, but without seeing any of your YouTube uploads, I can't be 100% sure that's solely what's causing the problem. YT clips can look a bit shaky at times, and their viewer even detects and notifies users of various ways to correct it, but I find those ways often aren't helpful. The compression method I described though has done a good job of smoothing out videos for me. It's not a huge difference, but is noticeable.

Last edited:

bluecat68

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Everything are fine If I record 60fps under 60hz refresh rate but the problem is the recording software that I use or trial can't do a good enough job if the setting is 60fps but 75hz refresh rate. The movement look something wrong.

No point to show you my YT video because all of them are record in 60fps/60hz setting so no problem whatsoever.

No point to show you my YT video because all of them are record in 60fps/60hz setting so no problem whatsoever.
Which is what I suspected, and why I think you should just stick with those settings. The phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. These are the kind of things that people with high refresh displays settle with all the time, it's no big deal really.