Any good asus tech support stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket123

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
hi, i was about to get an asus laptop when i started to hear all of the horror stories about their tech support, maybe that's why they have such a long warranty? anyway i was wondering whether their is anyone who might have had any good experiences with them so i can feel more comfortable with buying one of their laptops?

thanks.

Well, I found the user forums a lot more helpful than the company itself. I bought an Asus crosshair formula motherboard about 3 years ago, maybe a bit longer. It is the most expensive motherboard I've ever bought, $280US and was supposed to be the hottest mobo available for AMD at the time.
It arrived with several problems, which included the LED on the back panel being inoperable, and the add in sound card also doa. It wasn't enough to send back right away, although I assume newegg would have helped if I had.
Then over time some other pb cropped up, mainly the ram was continually failing that was placed in the machine.
I tried to RMA the board over the next year and a half, without a single response. They have the most atrocious customer service I have ever dealt with, I've never seen a company that completely ignores its customers. This is why I don't buy Asus products anymore.

I realize you are looking for positive spins here, but I thought anecdotal evidence to the contrary might be helpful. During my time on Asus' forums I found the lack of support to be the general consensus.

rocket123

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010

yeah this is the kind of thing that i'm scared of, i have no idea about how to fix computers except the most basic problems. i want to buy the Asus G73JH for about $1500 and thats a lot of money to lay down for something that you have no support for. my sister has a toshiba which recently crashed and they were very helpful, even though they were in india, so not knowing that i would have help with my laptop makes me nervous.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.