[SOLVED] Any good black friday deals?

So Im going to order my 2060 super tomorrow. but was wondering if it would be worth waiting until black friday or cyber monday?

I dont mind just spending the extra 50$ to get it sooner but if theres some UNBEATABLE deals coming that anyone knows of pertaining to the 2060 super, or even the 2070 super please let me know! Id be interested in the 2070 super if there was a deal dropping it down to around the current 2060 price. If not, Im only interested in the 2060 super.

Solution
Probably the only time in Nvidias history that it makes much to upgrade form a prior gen x60 card to a new gen x60 card
Sure, but that's only because Nvidia's naming system has been a complete mess this generation. Everything from a $200 1660 to a $400+ 2060 SUPER can be considered a current-gen x60 card. Under prior naming schemes, a card around the 2060 SUPER's price point would have been given an x70 or maybe x70 Ti name. >_>

From the other thread we're in.... Could be worth considering a 2070 non Super too?
Yep, don't forget to look at prices for the 2070 (non-SUPER). A 2060 SUPER is actually just a slightly cut-down 2070 with a lower launch price. Prices of 2070s have dropped though, and some can be had for...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I wouldn't expect any great savings... Especially if +/-$50 doesn't bother you. You might save a couple of dollars on a 2060S but 2070S for 2060S money is unlikely for relatively newly released cards, but you never know.

More likely to see reductions on the older non-super cards, first & second Gen Ryzen etc IMO.

Reactions: Jason H.
I wouldn't expect any great savings... Especially if +/-$50 doesn't bother you. You might save a couple of dollars on a 2060S but 2070S for 2060S money is unlikely for relatively newly released cards, but you never know.

More likely to see reductions on the older non-super cards, first & second Gen Ryzen etc IMO.

thanks brother. looks like Ill just order my 2060s tomorrow so its here for the weekend haha :) I wanted to wait and see but Im being childish and my 1060 3gb is just not cutting it anymore and I need this new gpu like, right now lol.

But I would wait if the 2070s would come down to abot 450$.... sad. lol

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
thanks brother. looks like Ill just order my 2060s tomorrow so its here for the weekend haha :) I wanted to wait and see but Im being childish and my 1060 3gb is just not cutting it anymore and I need this new gpu like, right now lol.

But I would wait if the 2070s would come down to abot 450$.... sad. lol

Probably the only time in Nvidias history that it makes much to upgrade form a prior gen x60 card to a new gen x60 card :ROFLMAO:

Usually I'd advise against it, but with a 3GB 1060 representing what should've been a 1050TI, and a 2060S basically a 2070, that should be a nice upgrade.

However.... There are a couple of 2070Supers available for <$500, so another few dollars off might not be too unrealistic to get to your price point.

If you factor in rebates etc, then the 2070S Black can be had for essentially $480 today

$500 out of pocket and a $20 rebate card to be filed for....

Edit.
From the other thread we're in.... Could be worth considering a 2070 non Super too?
$400 and I assume eligible for Prime?
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mLm323/zotac-geforce-rtx-2070-8-gb-video-card-zt-t20700e-10p

I can't see if Prime eligible as I'm in Canada.

Reactions: Jason H.
Probably the only time in Nvidias history that it makes much to upgrade form a prior gen x60 card to a new gen x60 card :ROFLMAO:

Usually I'd advise against it, but with a 3GB 1060 representing what should've been a 1050TI, and a 2060S basically a 2070, that should be a nice upgrade.

However.... There are a couple of 2070Supers available for <$500, so another few dollars off might not be too unrealistic to get to your price point.

If you factor in rebates etc, then the 2070S Black can be had for essentially $480 today

$500 out of pocket and a $20 rebate card to be filed for....

I dont like to bother with the rebates. It looks good on paper but to get me to actually take the time to send in the rebate is a whole different situation lmao!

Once I have the hardware, its done and done lol.

But yea man this 1060 3gb was probably the worst part of my build I bought. I didnt know about the lower cuda cores, nor that the 1060 3gb should have just never even been a card but you know Nvidia gotta compete with AMD at all corners lol.

And yea basically atm Im running a r5 2600 and my 1060, and Im getting about 120 fps in apex legends on all low settings, but dropping down to 55fps in big areas with a lot of action.

This is the main game I play and Ive been dealing with this issue for about 2 months so Im kind of over waiting and would just rather get my 2060s NOW instead of waiting later because Im an impatient pos lol. And I see on yt the 2060s on all max gets about 140 fps in apex, so even if I stuck to all low, were talking probably 300fps, which Im ALL ABOUT frametimes. Less input lag. And competative play.

Probably the only time in Nvidias history that it makes much to upgrade form a prior gen x60 card to a new gen x60 card
Sure, but that's only because Nvidia's naming system has been a complete mess this generation. Everything from a $200 1660 to a $400+ 2060 SUPER can be considered a current-gen x60 card. Under prior naming schemes, a card around the 2060 SUPER's price point would have been given an x70 or maybe x70 Ti name. >_>

Yep, don't forget to look at prices for the 2070 (non-SUPER). A 2060 SUPER is actually just a slightly cut-down 2070 with a lower launch price. Prices of 2070s have dropped though, and some can be had for about the same price as a 2060 SUPER now. At the same price (or within about $20), a 2070 might be the better option from a price to performance standpoint, as they are typically close to 5% faster than a 2060 SUPER.

Of course, that's not taking things into account like the quality of the card's cooler or warranty or general build-quality. Zotac, for example, tends to target somewhat lower price points for their cards, so it's very possible that the cooler may be noisier and run hotter, and I would rather see more than a 2-year warranty for a $400 card. Most other brands offer 3-years of warranty coverage.

5700XT Aftermarket cooler 339.99 after rebate.
That could be a very good price for a card that's generally a bit faster than a 2070, assuming one happens to live near one of only 25 Micro Centers and assuming they actually have one in stock, which is a lot to assume. : P

Solution