TomiTom

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Hi everyone..

I am going to build a new PC in few days, but I can't decide what Case is good .. I looked into the following two cases :

ANTEC Nine Hundred Two OR Thermaltake Tai-chi http://www.tt-germany.com/product_info.aspx?PARENT_CID=C_00000084&id=C_00000087&name=Tai-Chi&ovid=

The Antec 900 two is good, I saw some good reviews about it, but it doesn't look that good.. But the Thermaltake Tai-chi looks good, I like the cases that have front doors , and it looks really cute, but I don't really know much about this case in term cooling etc.., therefore I really don't know which one to get, maybe if you guys help me out to decide wich one is good, and if there is a good looking case and good with cooling that you suggest me to buy.

I'll let you know what my sig is :

MoBo : Asus M4A79T DELUXE Socket AM3 ATX AMD 790FX
cpu : AMD Phenom II X4 955 4x 3.20GHz
PSU : CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX
Mem : OCZ Reaper Heatpipe 4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz DDR3 OR Corsair XMS3 DHX Memory - 4 GB (2x2GB) OR OCZ Platinum DIMM Kit
4GB PC3-10667U (DDR3-1333)
GFX : SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 1GB GDDR5

Best regards.

TomiTom

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you both for your replies..

What I am seeking is a case with a beautiful design and good cooling , the Antec cases don't impress me in their designs, the 900 looks good, with the blue lights , but the front design isn't my taste.

I looked in Thermaltake homepage, and they have really very nice designs, but I am not sure about the cooling and if they are good in that term.

If someone please suggests me a very good looking case with good cooling ability I would be thanfull, it doesn't matter from which company, but not expensice , I can pay up to 130 euros .

Best regards.

gondo

Distinguished
The Antec has good cooling and is good quality. The 1200 is amazing for cooling and it comes with fan controllers, but it is a bit more expensive....one of the top cases on the market in my opinion.

Cooling shouldn't be much of an issue for you. If you are that hard up for cooling then get a good heatsink on the CPU or even liquid cooling. AS far as interior goes most cases should be adequate.

There is the XClio A380BK...that has massive cooling. But it isn't a high quality case and has defective or badly thought out fans. It is nice but not good.

There are some by Thermaltake, Coolermaster, InWin, Chieftec, Silverstone, etc... Also the the cheaper LianLi Aluminum ones. It's hard to decide. Those are the better ones.

In a case I like a solid design where parts don't flex. Also designs that are well built so parts fit perfectly without having to force them in. No sharp edges, etc... Just a good quality build. Antec and LianLi do this well. They arn't flashy cases with lights and bells and whistles, but they are high quality cases.

In the end I think I would go for the Antec 1200. It is larger, has the power supply on the bottom, has many massive fans and all are blue and all are included. Comes with spots to run wiring behind motherboard tray. Fan controllers included.

If it is too expensive then the 900 is a good buy.

TomiTom

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you gondo for your support, really appreciate your input.

Indeed Antec 1200 is very good case and I would choose it if the price was a little bit lower. I guess I will go with your suggestion, but I'll pick the "Antec 900 two", but the thing that scares me about it is the area where to fix the PSU some said because it is on the bottom, maybe the PSU won't fit in there, or the cables wil be short and can't reach the MoBo well.
And other thing I did read about it is that the HDD bays aren't good, and you had to force the HDD to go inside, and you have to use screws to fix the drives ... Is this true about this case ?