Any good combination for ASUS z97 ?

ASUSmistic

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
what good combination for ASUS z97 maximus vii version ? Im thinking of building a gaming desktop with this motherboard but i dont know how to start. I already have monitor, keyboard, mouse and Chasis. You can also include the price of your suggestion. Thanks

Solution
For i7, the 4790K, Hero is a great mobo, have both versions of it (in sig), GPU may depend on budget, I've got a 980 Strix on my Z97 Hero right now, have used the 290X Matrix, initially I ran a pair of 780s in SLI, there are a number of good GPUs out, the two main favorites these days are the nVidia GTX 970 and 980 cards

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
4690K would be a good CPU, for gaming can go either 8 or 16GB, would look at the GSkill Snipers or RipJaws X in 1866/9 as a minimum, will want a CPU cooler if OCing - don't know what case but if 7.5 inches wide or more the Hyper 212 EVO would be a good pick, get a 256 GB SSD for OS and primary Apps and a regular HD for other. GPU would be budget based, if a larger budget go with a 980 (I've got the Strix and it's great - otherwise will depend on what you can spend

ASUSmistic

Reputable
Jan 31, 2015
Btw im using a AeroCool Mid Tower Cases Strike-X GT-Bk Black/Red .. Will it be possible that i'll be getting an i7 processor and ASUS z97 hero for a $500?? What video card will ill be needing? If not what is your suggestion. Thanks

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
For i7, the 4790K, Hero is a great mobo, have both versions of it (in sig), GPU may depend on budget, I've got a 980 Strix on my Z97 Hero right now, have used the 290X Matrix, initially I ran a pair of 780s in SLI, there are a number of good GPUs out, the two main favorites these days are the nVidia GTX 970 and 980 cards

Solution

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No worries (it helps that I have a systems consultancy, it allows me to try and play with various components and have a quick turnover of parts, those I really like I hang onto and use) The AMD rig is sort of an exception as I don't really build AMD, it's for testing and helping folks out here with AMD problems, I went higher end on it so I can emulate other CPUs and test performance differences between AMD and Intel