Any Good Radio/Music Periphrials For 5.25" Drive Bays?

Jul 27, 2018
Okay, so long story short, I grew up with the old 90s and 2000s style car radios being the thing most of the music I heard played out of, and I love music. Before the things were twice as big, had a touch screen, answered your calls, looked behind the car for you, all that. I'm building my first PC from parts, almost done really, but I noticed that with drivers and software all being downloaded these days,and OSes being installed from USBs, those two optical drive bays are going to sit all covered up and I don't like wasting space. Maybe just one, not sure if I'll get a fan controller.

But, I'm new to this whole thing so I don't know all the ins and outs of looking for the parts I want, and most I've been able to find for media devices that go into a 5.25" bay, are cheap looking "all in one" card readers and HDD hot swap adapters. Why do I want something akin to a car radio, for PCs? I dunno, personal style mostly, but I do still listen to FM radio occassionally, internet radio all the time, and I really miss physical controls for that sort of thing. Plus it'd be nice to have something I can reach out and touch to change the tune while in game, or while working an art stream or in an IDE, rather than having to completely break my train of thought and Alt-Tab.

Any suggestions, even just a better place to look than Amazon or particular part names/search terms are appreciated!

Solution
"5.25 radio" brought up some good results. Lots of marine rated stereo kits with features for MP3 playback and aux inputs. I don't know enough about radio and media equipment to recommend any brands. Items you can place in 5.25in bays are water reservoirs for liquid cooling setups, temperature displays, fan controllers, LED controllers, and as you mentioned other media interface devices.

I found this which looks pretty sick https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Thermaltake-Mozart-Tx-Entertainment-Center-Case-Review/Options-and-Accesso

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
"5.25 radio" brought up some good results. Lots of marine rated stereo kits with features for MP3 playback and aux inputs. I don't know enough about radio and media equipment to recommend any brands. Items you can place in 5.25in bays are water reservoirs for liquid cooling setups, temperature displays, fan controllers, LED controllers, and as you mentioned other media interface devices.

I found this which looks pretty sick https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Thermaltake-Mozart-Tx-Entertainment-Center-Case-Review/Options-and-Accesso

Solution