Any good small tablet for use with non-touch screen laptop?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
Hi, I like 4K laptops with touch screen but if I cannot find a suitable one that matches my requirements, is there anything like a small tablet that I can connect to laptop and use a pen to draw on it to simulate a 4K touch screen laptop?

modeonoff

Honorable
Jul 16, 2017
For just drawing?
Have you looked into the WACOM line?

I have a Wacom tablet but together with a laptop, the weight is too much. I am looking for something like the size of an Apple Magic Trackpad but accepts pen input for pdf annotation. No plan for drawing at the moment, pdf annotation in class is the main thing.

I cannot find a Windows laptop that has a 4K touch screen, is below 2kg, have an Nvidia GPU and quiet.

I have a Wacom tablet but together with a laptop, the weight is too much. I am looking for something like the size of an Apple Magic Trackpad but accepts pen input for pdf annotation. No plan for drawing at the moment, pdf annotation in class is the main thing.

I cannot find a Windows laptop that has a 4K touch screen, is below 2kg, have an Nvidia GPU and quiet.

The smaller Wacom tables are about 8-9oz, only a bit heavier than a cell phone.
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Wirele...WLK0/dp/B079J2FSQ7/ref=bdl_pop_ttl_B079J2FSQ7

Reactions: modeonoff
Jun 25, 2019
I own an old XP-Pen Star G430 OSU Drawing tablet that I use for various applications. It work as an input device that controls the cursor and as such, works almost exactly like a mouse. The tablets work on basically any program and I used my Star G430 as my only input device for at least 1.5yrs doing everything from web browsing, drawing and even gaming.

The main issue to arise would concern the particular PDF reader program you are using. If it doesn't have the ability to "draw" on the documents, there's really no point to getting a tablet.

I get you may not want to invest in a new Surface or touchscreen tablet. But then again, if you're only using the tablet as a PDF editor, I might recommend buying a used tablet with a good screen, anything over 1080p, and editing your PDFs with it instead of using a dedicated stylus-device. You can still operate your tablet and workstation PC/Mac next to each other.... just sync the editable document in a folder within aGoogle Drive/Onedrive/Box/Dropbox and then you have best of both worlds.

I think that directly marking up documents on a screen is superior in EVERY INSTANCE. For pure drawing, sketching, shading, and painting in Photoshop or another artboard-specific program you may find Tilt Sensitivity vs. using a touch-screen tablet is equal. But handwriting - it's just so much more natural when you directly edit.

I would recommend the XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro Drawing Tablet Monitor, If you want an external stylus system . The Artist 15.6 pro offers tilt sensitivity. This is HUGE. It makes it feel like a real pencil. This makes using a tablet worth it.

Reactions: modeonoff

TRENDING THREADS