Question any help appreciated :)

Aug 4, 2021
hi my name is liam, i was booting up garrys mod through steam which is a notoriously buggy game that can freeze computers momentarily, when my computer froze however i could still hear audio, at the same time however on my main monitor a no signal imput message was displayed but i could still see my second monitor. in a panic i restarted my pc and its all good now.

in addition to this when i open apps sometimes such as discord i can hear brief audio stutters that only last one maybe two seconds. these issues have occurred only since i have reset my pc, i do it quite often and to be honest im just trying to figure out if i should be worried.

i ran a userbenchmark test and heaven benchmark and everything seems to be fine performance wise, with my gpu im experiencing no other issues such as artifacts so tbh im kind of confused

my specs

GIGABYTE GTX OC 1080
RYZEN 2700X
GIGABYTE B450-DS3H
16gb corsair ram (not sure of specific (model)

Ralston18

Titan
When you were forced to restart the computer the shutdown may have corrupted some files.

You may need to reinstall the audio drivers. Manually download from the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Try running the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

You can also try "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to repair Windows files.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

That all said there is this:

"notoriously buggy game that can freeze computers momentarily ".

If you try to play again the whole freezing/crashing thing may happen again.

Aug 4, 2021
yeah i did the scan now in admin console it reparied windows files and restarted. im not sure if that adresses the GPU issue and the displaying of no signal when it froze or the audio issues though.

TRENDING THREADS