Any Help please !!

c4jay

Reputable
Dec 5, 2014
Since yesterday my pc has been slowed down extremely. First of all when I tried to turn it on "startup repair " came up, then it said it cannot repair automatically . However I could log on to my account, but it is slow as hell (can't even open a folder without lag). Then I logged in on safe mode and it was smooth (I dunno if this is related).I ran disk scanner and it said it fixed some problems. But startup repair still comes up whenever I turn it on.and I cannot shut down properly (shutting down screen runs on for hours)
Here are my specs(it is 6 years old btw. Only changes I've done are I replaced 2 gpus )
Dell vostro 230s
250 gb hdd
3gb ram
Core 2duo processer

What should I do now? Will reinstalling windows help or should I replace the hdd.

Solution
Try and perform a repair install and see if your issue is averted. I can't suggest looking for a BIOS update since you're on a Core 2 Duo platform but it wouldn't hurt to learn you had a BIOS update pending.

You may also want to consider reinstalling your OS after recreating the bootable USB installer.

Lutfij

Titan
Try and perform a repair install and see if your issue is averted. I can't suggest looking for a BIOS update since you're on a Core 2 Duo platform but it wouldn't hurt to learn you had a BIOS update pending.

You may also want to consider reinstalling your OS after recreating the bootable USB installer.

Solution

Thomas Armstrong

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
You could try running a system scan using (Malwarebytes, Spybot Search & Destroy, Rougekiller) When you start up your system, what is the CPU usage and Disk Usage like? 100%? What's the amount of used ram when you leave it idle after booting?