[SOLVED] Any Help please

danjw

Commendable
May 27, 2018
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me out.

My PC within the last 10 days or so has been randomly restarting itself, no blue screen or anything. I can be either on desktop browsing or playing a game and suddenly screen goes off and computer restarts.

I am not really clued up when it comes to PC problems, I am trying to figure out if it is hardware or software issue. I have ran a 3DMark stress test, fire strike and weirdly enough I have old tests from my old gpu and cpu (I5 6600K and GTX 1070) which passed tests on at least 98%... But my I7 8700K and GTX 1080TI are failing tests ranging from 94%- 96.5%.

I can't figure out why a worse CPU and GPU can pass but the better ones can't. Also, my PC hasn't restarted in a day or two but it is random.

If anyone could help then I'd very much appreciate it.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, etc. that correspond with the restarts. Right-clicking an entry will provide more details.

Determine if there is a repeating error or some varying mix of errors.

=====

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Check by sight and feel that all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers are all fully and firmly in place.

danjw

Commendable
May 27, 2018
PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, etc. that correspond with the restarts. Right-clicking an entry will provide more details.

Determine if there is a repeating error or some varying mix of errors.

=====

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Check by sight and feel that all cables, cards, RAM, and jumpers are all fully and firmly in place.

My PSU is almost 4 years old, EVGA BQ 850W 80 Plus Bronze and in excellent condition. I hoover out my PC and fans etc every couple months.

I have tried looking at errors but tbh I don't entirely know what I am looking at. Mostly says ESENT 642 and others some state VIDEO.UI

danjw

Commendable
May 27, 2018
A four year old PSU may be problematic - especially if heavily used.

Possibly nearing its' designed EOL (End of Life).

Note

However the errors are interesting:

FYI:

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/17/windows-10-version-2004-esent-642/

Ye I did role it back, uninstalled it but then reinstalled it as I done stress test and got lower results but not saying that was the cause. So best bet is if restarting carrys on then to uninstall it.

I did ring EVGA, as got 1 year left on warranty but they didn't want to RMA it atm, said to troubleshoot other stuff as having no PSU for 2 weeks means no PC.