[SOLVED] Any help with Event ID 41 (Task Cat. 63)?

Mar 10, 2019
Been having issues for the past 4 months with my computer randomly rebooting. It began while I was gaming on Ark: Survival Evolved and ever since then several other errors popped up along with it.This error occurs on any game I have played. I've read countless solutions and suggestions and even tried them.

I do not get a BSOD. I've ticked auto-restart off and I still do not recieve a BSOD.

Since then, I've purchased a new mobo (MSI Model B450-A PRO), CPU (AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz), RAM (Corsair Vengeance, DDR4 8GB x2), and computer case which I can't remember off the top of my head. My GPU is a GTX 1050 Ti (Inserted in PCIe) and my PSU is a Thermaltake 750w Gold. My HDD is a Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 930gb with 200gb free. I've also got a spare SSD ( ADATA SU800, 1tb) with nothing on it just yet.

I've stress tested my GPU without incident and tested my PSU without any fluctuations. I have MSI Afterburner and decided to place a temp monitor for both my CPU and GPU on my taskbar. They do not overheat while I play any sort of game.

I have checked memory, sfc'd, and bootrecc'd and this has not solved my issue.

I've made sure to install the latest: OS, BIOS, GPU driver, Peripheral Drivers, and USB Drivers.

If you have any suggestions, I beg of you, post them. This is my first post, let me know if you require any more info.

Last edited:
Solution
Seems my PSU was the issue.I had tested it with a PSU tester, no fluctuations yet it still was the problem. Bought a RM 850x Corsair Gold. That solved the issue real quick. Thanks for your help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its not windows. restarts with no BSOD means its likely hardware of some type. What didn't you replace when you bought all the new hardware?

event 41(63) is a reaction to PC restarting, not the cause. WIndows runs a report at startup and if it finds it didn't shutdown right the previous time, it creates event 41. Windows may not know why its happening.

Have a look in reliability history and see if any other errors occuring there that might give you a clue.

Reactions: FranticPlace10
Mar 10, 2019
Ah, alright. I haven't replaced my GPU which is a GTX 1050Ti and my PSU which is a Thermaltake Toughpower Gold. I forgot to mention this unexpected reboot started occurring 12/15/18, sorry about that. The only thing I found on the Reliability Monitor that showed any significance is this Error:
Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎2/‎24/‎2019 4:52 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 144
Parameter 1: 1020
Parameter 2: ffff9c0ca6ed4960
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_17763
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.17763.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: rejected_by_rule
Server information: c567ce05-f8ef-4971-ba18-28e32ebf998d

I'll keep having a look, I appreciate your response.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019
Seems my PSU was the issue.I had tested it with a PSU tester, no fluctuations yet it still was the problem. Bought a RM 850x Corsair Gold. That solved the issue real quick. Thanks for your help.

Solution