Question Any help with my 2080 SUPER over heating

May 4, 2020
i9-9900k
32GB HyperX Fury
RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS OC

Had delivery on this a few weeks ago and my graphics card starts stuttering when the GPU gets to 82 +
I've tried reducing the fan curve in Afterburner but it seems the fan doesn't kick in properly. If I adjust the fan in Afterburner I can hear it but as soon as I run stress test the fan completely stops.

Any help would be massively appreciated, it's been doing my head in.

Mickieg1994

Reputable
Jul 15, 2019
Is the gpu the only thing running hot?

what are the temps like for the rest of the components? and ambient temps in the room too

Possible the case has bad airflow around the gpu?

The fan speeds on msi afterburner can be a little hard to adjust, between speedfan, GPU-Z and HWMonitor you may be able to get a bit of a better idea where the issue is, they are all free and safe to use, speedfan can be used to set custom fan curves and i have found it easy to use in the past, have a go at those and see if anything helps

May 4, 2020
Is the gpu the only thing running hot?

what are the temps like for the rest of the components? and ambient temps in the room too

Possible the case has bad airflow around the gpu?

The fan speeds on msi afterburner can be a little hard to adjust, between speedfan, GPU-Z and HWMonitor you may be able to get a bit of a better idea where the issue is, they are all free and safe to use, speedfan can be used to set custom fan curves and i have found it easy to use in the past, have a go at those and see if anything helps

You're a gent, will give the mentioned a go.

CPU is fine, ambient temp is ok. It's a build from a company.