Question Any idea on Dell Input issue fixes?

Jul 29, 2024
I'm having an issue with my Dell P2417H... I got two of them for a multi-display setup one of them works. But the other one for the last year has been giving me problems. Every now and then I will get an input randomly it will connect like once every few months it decides it's going to be connected for at most 30 minutes. As of lately it won't connect at all. If I plug any HDMI cable in it detects that it's plugged in but no input gets displayed. If I unplug the HDMI it stops auto detecting a plug in.

Jul 29, 2024
Factory reset the monitor, by following the post-March 2016 instructions.

Barring that, I suppose you could open it up and look for bad caps, as it is 7 years old.
Doesn't let me into the menu it will only load display source menu. And when I follow the procedure to unplug it and hold the power button to deplete extra held power it does nothing. The only other thing I noticed that I can do is, hold the first button and cycle the display test of colors... If need be I'll go back to using an VGA/DVI converter. Just might be weird because I'm plugging in a capture card to it from a ps5

Jul 29, 2024
Doesn't let me into the menu it will only load display source menu. And when I follow the procedure to unplug it and hold the power button to deplete extra held power it does nothing. The only other thing I noticed that I can do is, hold the first button and cycle the display test of colors... If need be I'll go back to using an VGA/DVI converter. Just might be weird because I'm plugging in a capture card to it from a ps5
Also it has 4 buttons and all 4 configures the display source for some reason