Question Any idea what this noise could be?

new_guy132

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
My PC is about 1 year old and I've never heard this noise ever since. I am not sure if this is related to cooling but from what I've noticed, the noise becomes faster when I play video games. It started when I played Just Cause 4 just a few minutes ago then the noise started to appear. Now, even when the PC is idle, the noise is still there but a little bit slower than what's on the video. The video was taken just a few minutes after playing.

Here's the link for the video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzTy_sadkss

Also, my fans are running around 500-700 RPM when they are idle and the noise is still there.

If you have any idea what this noise could be, please let me know :)
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You sure the noise isn't coming from the fans? If the noise is coming from the back of the GPU, that's coil whine. If the noise is coming from your PSU, that's coil whine as well. Might want to mention the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

The PSU's a year old or was it recycled from an older build?

new_guy132

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You sure the noise isn't coming from the fans? If the noise is coming from the back of the GPU, that's coil whine. If the noise is coming from your PSU, that's coil whine as well. Might want to mention the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

The PSU's a year old or was it recycled from an older build?
Thanks for welcoming me :)

Anyways, I tried tweaking the fans and turning all of them off did not do anything to the noise. I do think it really is coil whine but can coil whines really sound as loud as that?

My Specs (All brand new):
CPU: Intel i3 10100F
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z490-A GAMING
Ram: 16GB (8x2) I do not know the brand
SSD/HDD: I do not know the brand as well but its M.2 SSD 120GB (2x) & 1TB (HDD)
GPU: RTX 2060 Super
PSU: Corsair 650W
Chassis: IN WIN 101