[SOLVED] Any Idea When 3070 Pre-Order Opens?

Jun 11, 2020
I need to build a new PC. Still need to get a new Ryzen CPU. I was gonna hold off until after I got the 3070. Didn't realize until yesterday that the only one apparently opening for pre-order tomorrow is 3080. Anybody have any info on when the 3070 pre-orders open? I need to know if I have time to save up for it again if I buy a Ryzen 9.

Solution
Other than signing up for Nvidia's mailing list.... I don't think there are 'pre-orders' this time out...
3080s are available tomorrow, and I'm not aware of any way to order one ahead of time, but there might be some retailers taking orders, I'm not sure.

With that, I'd expect the same type of deal with a 3070.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Other than signing up for Nvidia's mailing list.... I don't think there are 'pre-orders' this time out...
3080s are available tomorrow, and I'm not aware of any way to order one ahead of time, but there might be some retailers taking orders, I'm not sure.

Reactions: ThaStrangr
Solution
Jun 11, 2020

Damn. XD
Thanks. Guess I'll just have to take a chance.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
apparently opening for pre-order tomorrow is 3080.

Just to be 100% clear, cards are not available for pre-order tomorrow.... They're available, period*.

*Well, assuming reasonable supply, of course.

Damn. XD
Thanks. Guess I'll just have to take a chance.

Not sure what 'chance' you're taking? 3070's will be available on October 15th, however briefly stock might last. Depending on what GPU you have currently, I'd probably work on the assumption you'll miss the first wave on October 15th anyway and you'd have to wait for a restock.