[SOLVED] Any idea why my computer won't start Windows?

Mar 26, 2019
It was stuck loading something when I was trying to get work done, so I decided to restart it. Then it got stuck at the "Restarting..." screen, so I decided to press the emergency restart or cut the power, don't remember which one. Now when starting up, it shows the first screen, which is about the hardware itself...model and so on. But then the screen goes black and the windows logo won't show up. It used to go black for a sec before and then show a blue windows logo loading for a few seconds and then go to password screen. Now it just stays black forever after the first screen.

Solution
JFP2 is the connection for BIOS beep speaker which has been disconnected. The motherboard manual will show you how to reconnect it.

You can try borrowing another power supply and trying that.

There is a V2 version of the motherboard for sale if you are interested in replacing it.
MSI A68HM-E33 V2
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130855

Reconnecting the Beep speaker may give you some clue to whats wrong. Replacing the CMOS battery may be needed too.
Mar 26, 2019
Msi Military Class 4 A68HM-E33. And there's some date on the back that says 22.05.2015. This is what I could find. I hope this will do?

And no, just happened out of the blue. I've been the only user since the beginning. It's done strange things before, like making desktop icons disappear and reappear and closing all open folders in the process. But that doesn't happen very often. Just off the top of my head.

Mar 26, 2019
Could there be some internal damage? It's taken damage in the past. Here are some pictures. I noticed there's some part hanging from JFP2 and one of the ends isn't connected to anything. Don't remember if it's been like that since the beginning. But I've seen that before and it's worked fine like that.

JFP2 is the connection for BIOS beep speaker which has been disconnected. The motherboard manual will show you how to reconnect it.

You can try borrowing another power supply and trying that.

There is a V2 version of the motherboard for sale if you are interested in replacing it.
MSI A68HM-E33 V2
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130855

Reconnecting the Beep speaker may give you some clue to whats wrong. Replacing the CMOS battery may be needed too.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS