[SOLVED] Any ideas on how to fix rebooting Macbook Pro?

burningmyeyes

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
Hey guys,

I have a Macbook Pro that I just cannot seem to get working again. I'm sort of intermediate at computer troubleshooting and have tried quite a few troubleshooting tips on the Apple website.

So, what happens?

Macbook is fully charged, I turn it on and it gets to the Apple logo, then it reboots. It continuously stays in this loop until I hold the power and turn it off.

I've tried things like resetting the PRAM and SMC. I've also tried;
  • Recovery mode; This doesn't even work, it goes to internet recovery, loads a bit and eventually goes to a white screen and turns off.
  • Enter Single User Mode; doesn't do anything, same again, hits white screen and turns off.
  • Enter Verbose mode; Same as above

I even created a USB OSX Installer to reinstall OSX, it loads the USB, loads a bit then eventually also goes to a white screen, then turns off.

I believe the recovery partition must be deleted also for it to not be working?

I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue, if so, any tips of testing different hardware to diagnose the problem?

Let me know if you need any other information. Happy to follow any sort of debugging ideas people may have.

Thanks guys!

Solution
Is your model one with a removable hard drive or SSD? Try removing it and booting into internet recovery. If RAM is removable. Try one stick at a time.
Hey guys,

I have a Macbook Pro that I just cannot seem to get working again. I'm sort of intermediate at computer troubleshooting and have tried quite a few troubleshooting tips on the Apple website.

So, what happens?

Macbook is fully charged, I turn it on and it gets to the Apple logo, then it reboots. It continuously stays in this loop until I hold the power and turn it off.

I've tried things like resetting the PRAM and SMC. I've also tried;
  • Recovery mode; This doesn't even work, it goes to internet recovery, loads a bit and eventually goes to a white screen and turns off.
  • Enter Single User Mode; doesn't do anything, same again, hits white screen and turns off.
  • Enter Verbose mode; Same as above
I even created a USB OSX Installer to reinstall OSX, it loads the USB, loads a bit then eventually also goes to a white screen, then turns off.

I believe the recovery partition must be deleted also for it to not be working?

I'm leaning towards this being a hardware issue, if so, any tips of testing different hardware to diagnose the problem?

Let me know if you need any other information. Happy to follow any sort of debugging ideas people may have.

Thanks guys!
What model and year is it?