[SOLVED] Any ideas on security measures for a cafe shop

Jun 28, 2021
My friend got laid off during the pandemic 3 months ago. So we are planning on doing some small business ourselves like opening a small cafe in Brooklyn. Both of us are working in IT companies and have limited knowledge about cafes, but a cafe with its own style has always been a small dream for them. We learn the skills and knowledge from my uncle, he is an expert in this field for over 15 years.

Besides the coffee stuff, we’ve also found the location, and ready to decorate the small coffee shop. But we met lots of problems about starting a business. Here’s one of the problems we want to figure out: we want to know in advance what security measures are usually used in a cafe shop? Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Solution
we want to know in advance what security measures are usually used in a cafe shop?
that depends on the location.
one in town is nestled in the middle of a few rowdy bars and has a security guard working nights.
most i'm sure just have multiple cameras and a contract with an alarm company.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Security as in to prevent from it getting attacked by viruses or by robbing the store? I presume both, just have any decent antivirus on the computers, cameras and motion sensors should do the job, also if you have the money security shutters are pretty good too.

Ralston18

Titan
Do some on-site research.

Visit other local stores and businesses to get a sense of their security measures.

Talk with local law enforcement - listen to what they suggest. Does the street have municipal cameras - I would expect so but find out for sure. Where?

Read up on camera and security measures. Determine your requirements: 24/7 monitoring, business hours only, Camera placements: POS, front, front & back, motion detection, lights-on, etc..

Consider professional services for installation, maintenance, and data (recorded video and audio). Storage, retention times, recovery, features and functions.

You will have plenty enough to do and trying (at least initially) to maintain your own security system could sidetrack you from more important things.