Question Any Ideas Why Dual Channel Wouldn't Be Working? ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING

Jul 23, 2021
Specs:
i7-10700k(not oc'd)
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING
WD 1TB M.2 SSD
Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC

Recently I purchased a prebuilt that had a 3070 in it since I couldn't find them anywhere else. The prebuild had a 10400f in a mini ATX board that I replaced with the 10700k and the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING. I already had the G.Skill sticks that I was using in my previous build and they were working just fine but now when I install them in the new Motherboard they only work in channel B and will not post/work at all if any stick is in Channel A. I've tried various things that I will list below. I'm hoping there's something I'm missing because I don't want to deal with having to RMA it.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Steps taken so far:
Reseating the RAM sticks
Reseating CPU
Loosening the CPU cooler
Trying each DIMM slot
Trying other known to be good RAM sticks
Updating BIOS
Reset Windows
Checked MOBO pins

If I'm missing anything obvious please tell me!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021
I have exact same issue. I found this fix online but dont understand it. If you know what he means please let me know. This happens a lot with this board I found multiple posts about same problem.

The issue has been resolved. I found a half a volt on the cpu's cooler , over the power supply's zero. This was less when faulty memory slots were not used. Grounding the foot of the cpu cooler to the powersupply's zero resolved the issue and the pc now boots using the faulty memory slots.