Question Any info about how to start developing a simple ticket management / inventory system?

Jan 26, 2022
Hello,
I want to try my hand at developing a repair ticket management and inventory system. This would be for a demo project for one of my courses. I have used products like RepairQ and RepairDesk, and this project will have similar functionality to those platforms. I have noticed that different products always lack certain features that I think would be useful, so I want to give it a shot at building one that kind satisfies those requirements.

I have coded a couple of simple apps and whatnot, but I've never really taken on something as complicated as this with code, nor do I feel super comfortable doing so. I was wondering if something like this repair ticket platform could be made using something like Quixey (something cheaper, if possible), Zoho, or another one of those app development platforms. I realized these types of platforms have their limitations but they are the preferred solution. The way I would want it is to have it based on a web portal.

That's basically the overview of my idea.

Any advice, thoughts, criticisms, recommendations, or resources will be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
If you have MS Office and Access, there is a template for exactly that.
Use that as a starting point, and modify as needed.

But building from scratch?
Well...what other things have you built?
What database type things?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS