Question Any insight on my problem?

lewy120

Reputable
Nov 28, 2017
Afternoon,
was just on the web/youtube this afternoon and got a WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR, i suspect something hardware based in my pc may be giving out but not sure?
since this is happening sometimes when im rebooting my PC its getting stuck in reboot, it will shutdown and on the reboot my screen stays black and my fans seem to start to spin up infinitely as if there is some sort of strain on the system. If i force shutdown and turn back on all goes back to normal, the problem seems to be around restarting my PC, any insight on what the problem could be there?

Thanks in advance

Please provide complete system spec's: motherboard, CPU and CPU cooling, GPU, memory, PSU, case and fans.

And also, in this instance, Windows' version and update level if you know it as well as any add-in cards you might have installed, such as sound card or network card or drive controller, etc.

lewy120

Reputable
Nov 28, 2017
motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming-K3
CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 1800x with a corsair h100i
GPU- Nvidia GTX 1070ti
Memory- Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2x8GB
Psu- Corsair RM650x
Case- Corsair Crystal 570x
Fans- CPU rad fans are ones that come with the cooler and then 3x Corsair RGB SP120's
Windows version- Win10, version 10.0.18363 build 18363 (most recent update to my knowledge)
Network adapters if any- Killer e2500 ethernet controller + Qualcomm atheros ar938x wireless network adapter.

Hope this is enough info on my specs.

motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming-K3
CPU- AMD Ryzen 7 1800x with a corsair h100i
GPU- Nvidia GTX 1070ti
Memory- Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2x8GB
Psu- Corsair RM650x
Case- Corsair Crystal 570x
Fans- CPU rad fans are ones that come with the cooler and then 3x Corsair RGB SP120's
Windows version- Win10, version 10.0.18363 build 18363 (most recent update to my knowledge)
Network adapters if any- Killer e2500 ethernet controller + Qualcomm atheros ar938x wireless network adapter.

Hope this is enough info on my specs.
Well now! looking at those spec's I'd say your system has been up and running for a while...

I'd suggest looking through the event log and finding the relevant event ID's and googling them to see what you can find. Reading them may point to the problem.

Doing some of the usual things for Windows may help, though. Run a Scan Disk from command prompt, defrag spinners and optimize SSD's, do an SFC /scannow from command prompt, DSMI cleanup.

And of course check that processor temps and motherboard (VRM) temps are in order as cooling may have degraded.

Also: pull out any overclocks you may have for the time being!

lewy120

Reputable
Nov 28, 2017
Yeah, couple years atleast now! i can't seem to find any relevant ID's for the reboot getting stuck like i mentioned, probably as im having to force shutdown? im also not sure really what i'd be looking for in terms of the whea error.
ill run the defrags and SFC etc now though to double check all that.
CPU and GPU temps all look normal and stable with and without strain on the system for the time being but ill keep an eye.