Question Any known information about the "Creator Edition" variant of specifically the Ryzen 7 6800HS CPU called 6800HS-CE (laptop cpu) ?

Jan 9, 2023
Tom's Hardware website has an old article about the 5800HS-CE cpu, but I found little and no information about the newer 6800HS-CE cpu.

Problem is that, there is no reason to think there is any difference between the 6800HS and 6800HS-CE by looking at the stats alone.

Another question of mine, is when the 6800HS-CE cpu was on sale. I thought it would have to be late 2022 (for order) , but maybe that isn't so

Here is a link to the old article about the 5800HS-CE, dated 30. August 2021:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/a...reator-edition-cpus-400mhz-higher-base-clocks

Edit: This particular laptop cpu 6800HS-CE is found (according to a Lenovo doc) on at least one branch of the (previous) gen 7 laptops from Lenovo, with the 'IdeaPad pro 5' laptops (IdeaPad 5 Pro 14ARH7, so 14" screen, and 16" screen with IdeaPad 5 Pro 16ARH7)
I can't tell when they started selling these, the range was annouced around summer 2022 but I ordered one last December for delivery in January 2023, so maybe they only started selling these late in 2022 perhaps.

hxxps://psref.lenovo.com (Product Specifications Reference )

hxxps://psref.lenovo.com/Product/IdeaPad/IdeaPad_5_Pro_14ARH7
hxxps://psref.lenovo.com/Product/IdeaPad/IdeaPad_5_Pro_16ARH7

Edit: Btw, I accidentally found this video just now showing a showcase of the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro X (x for North America I think), and he says this laptop also uses the 6800HS-CE cpu.
Hm, the 'Yoga Slim 7 ProX 14ARH7' also is a range of only 'Creator Edition' cpus, some 6800HS-CE and some 6900HS-CE.
hxxps://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Yoga/Yoga_Slim_7_ProX_14ARH7

Hm, this video below dates back to 19. July 2022.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQV8cIfZZ9k

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023
I bought this laptop, so now I can get to be familiar with it. :)
Feel free to ask me any question about it, if anyone is considering it.

I have some thoughts about it, but I don't use it that much, and just spending my good time becoming familar with it.
This laptop doesn't have an Ethernet slot, although it has wifi and bluetooth built in, I like cables, so I bought a USB-C to Ethernet adapter thingy.
I also bought the optimally sized 13.3" laptop bag from PORT Designs for this laptop, and so the bag (w. handle and optionally shoulder strap) fits nicely, without being too large.

Oh, I forgot to say: The particular laptop in question is the one linked below from my nearby online store in norway:
https://www.komplett.no/product/121...r-laptop/lenovo-ideapad-5-pro-14-qhd-400-nits

They had at least 23 in stock, and a few weeks after delivery, it's down to 9 in stock. Costing about 1 085 Euro, it is probably more expensive than in rest of Europe I suspect, but at least there's an upgrade on things, without this model being the gen 8 that arrives later in 2023. This one is Ideapad Pro 5 gen 7.