Any laptop expert here

Jul 21, 2020
Hi, I am getting 2 old laptop toshiba satellite l300 without charger and bad battery for 35 buck is it worth it ?

Replacement battery and charger can be found online for about 30$ USD each. So in total, including the laptop, it'll cost about 100$. This laptop is pretty old, I'm pretty sure it still runs Windows XP. If this is the best laptop you can get in your region, go for it. Having a laptop is better than no laptop at all. Though if you could save a couple hundred more dollars you could get a modern laptop, albeit not the best laptop, for 300$ at walmart or other budget friendly outlets.

When you buy cheap electronics you will most likely need to replace it sooner rather than later which will end up costing more than buying a more expensive computer and thus not having to replace it for a while longer.

Reactions: Ralston18
Jul 21, 2020
2 laptops or one that is 2 years old?

Full specs? OS?

What do you plan to use the laptop(s) for?
Replacement battery and charger can be found online for about 30$ USD each. So in total, including the laptop, it'll cost about 100$. This laptop is pretty old, I'm pretty sure it still runs Windows XP. If this is the best laptop you can get in your region, go for it. Having a laptop is better than no laptop at all. Though if you could save a couple hundred more dollars you could get a modern laptop, albeit not the best laptop, for 300$ at walmart or other budget friendly outlets.

When you buy cheap electronics you will most likely need to replace it sooner rather than later which will end up costing more than buying a more expensive computer and thus not having to replace it for a while longer.
yeah not worth it

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, I am getting 2 old laptop toshiba satellite l300 without charger and bad battery for 35 buck is it worth it ?
worth?
Depends..what are you going to use them for?
How much do you plan to spend on getting them actually running?

I have an L305. 2.2GHz Celeron and 2GB RAM. Win 10 on it right now.
It is disturbingly slow.

Considering you can buy much newer systems with chargers, although probably with so-so batteries for 100-120, not really worth it. Lenovo T410/420 models sell for around 100-120 and those are much much better systems.