Any Mesquite results?

Anyone have the Mesquite Auction results yet?

John

On 2005-03-13 08:22:01 -0600, "jnhutch" <jnhutch@ev1.net> said:

> Anyone have the Mesquite Auction results yet?
>
> John

Couple of notable things...

A red Donkey Kong went for only $425. A pretty nice (but far from
mint) MsPac went for $725. Several multigames went for $1200-1400.

I had the Ms. Pac that went for $650. Damn those SuperAuction fees.

Thomas

"Derek Stutsman" <derekstutsman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-03-13 08:22:01 -0600, "jnhutch" <jnhutch@ev1.net> said:
>
>> Anyone have the Mesquite Auction results yet?
>>
>> John
>
> Couple of notable things...
>
> A red Donkey Kong went for only $425. A pretty nice (but far from mint)
> MsPac went for $725. Several multigames went for $1200-1400.

No other classics? any XY stuff?

"jnhutch" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> Anyone have the Mesquite Auction results yet?
>
> John

I know there are people who copy down the prices. But is there anybody
publicly reporting them nowadays for the Mesquite auction?

On 2005-03-13 23:20:43 -0600, "jnhutch" <jnhutch@ev1.net> said:

> No other classics? any XY stuff?

Classics yes, special ones...not really, at least not in my opinion.
Several MsPac and Galaga, like always. Several Centipedes. A couple
of Pacs.

There was an Asteroids Deluxe...that was the only XY I noticed. It had
some water swelling bumpiness on the sides, but the monitor looked
great.

My eyes about popped out of my head on the red DK, as the one @ auction
had no lockbar holes (unlike my own.) I thought hard about buying it.

Speaking of red DK, mine has a Radarscope tag (#2520) on it:

http://www.sventech.com/~dereks/gallery/album03/Donkey_Kong_009?full=1

The red DK at auction (which looked all original including the side
art) had a serial tag in the 10000 range.

Is it possible my cab was never born a red DK and instead was converted
by some op? Does anyone know if Nintendo changed the serial plates on
the reds that they converted at the factory?

I know what you mean about the TMNT cabinet....it was fugly. It seemed
impossible to get a good deal on any of the late model video games and
touch screens because of Green Coin Distributing. They seem to buy
everything and have no stopping point on the bidding.

We'll I didn't take down any of the vid results. But remember a few
off the top of my head since they were pieces I brought.
Dedicated Primal Rage $225
Galaga in Gorf Cabinet $300

I did write down all the results for the pinball machines. I think
there were some GREAT deals on pins...I picked up 4 of them.

You can see those results here: www.hassellcastle.com/superauction.htm

Craig

2005 Texas Pinball Festival
October 28th-30th, 2005
Irving, Texas
New web site coming soon!
www.texas-pinball.com

Hassell Castle Homepage
Includes information on my games and
the Cirqus Voltaire Owners List:
http://www.hassellcastle.com

> Posted thru AtlantisNews - Explore EVERY Newsgroup <
> http://www.AtlantisNews.com -- Lightning Fast!!! <
> Access the Most Content * No Limits * Best Service <

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

> Is it possible my cab was never born a red DK and instead was converted
> by some op? Does anyone know if Nintendo changed the serial plates on
> the reds that they converted at the factory?

If an op had bought a radarscope (There had to be some), they would have
converted it when the donkey kong craze hit.

My partially photographic memory recalls some random items that were at
the auction...

Cocktails:
Centipede/Pac-Man/Ms-Pac/Space Invaders II/Bombjack. There was an Astro
Fighter [japanese language] but it kind of looked like an upright with
the bottom lopped-off. Then some nintendo two-screen cocktails.

Minis:
Turbo. I think the two turbos were the only ones I saw.

Uprights:
Quite a few rows, but not a great deal of top tier classics. What all do
I remember? Let's see. There were three defenders, but I think the one
on the... was it the second or third row?... looked pretty sharp to me
anyhow. Missile command, uh, Dr. Mario, some Playchoice 10s, vs.
Goonies, Neo-Geo 1 and 2 cartridge systems, Xybots, Die Hard, Spy Hunter
(did that one not work?), Centipede, Millipede, Bad Dudes, Space
Invaders, Pac-Man, Pac-Man Plus, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxians, Marble
Madness [controls not working and with an interesting home-made
marquee], Donkey Kong JR, Frogger [nice crisp monitor], Pole Position
I's and II, multigames, Asteroids Deluxe with a really crisp screen (the
only vector), Total Carnage 19". 1943 in a cabinet with a Twin Eagle
marquee. Phoenix. Some Golden Tees (1999 and 2005?), some Killer
Instinct type fighting games, some shooting games like Carnevil and
House of the Dead. NFL Blitz 99. Revolution X, Operation Wolf (or as the
auctioneer called it, "Operation Woof"), Raiden _____, Pit Fighter,
After Burner, Area 51/Maximum Force Duo, War: Final Assault x3, Gauntlet
Legends, Majestic Twelve, Out Run.

Cockpits:
Mach 3 [not working, dirty as hell]. A full sized 18-Wheeler and one in
a more modern upright type cabinet that I see golf games in now and
then. Virtual On two-screen set (would have liked to have had that).
Lots of Cruisin' ________, San Francisco Rush _________, etc etc type
games. A broken Star Wars arcade [two seater].

Yeah....
I remember seeing that large two seater Star Wars game. I heard they
are relatively rare and only imported into the US for a trade show.

It was made by Sega and HUGE. Dusty as hell and the power supply wire
was broken loose. No idea if it worked or not. I couldn't figure out
how to plug the seats to the monitor together. I didn't try to
hard..since I didn't have a clue where I would put the game...it was
huge. I think it went for $500

Pics of what I'm talking about are on KLOV
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9775

Craig