[SOLVED] Any monitors that are 1080p at any aspect ratio and/or size that look good in 720 and 1080p in games?

Pythonbites

Commendable
Feb 19, 2017
Hello. I'm looking at a new monitor. Since I use a GTX 1050 and I don't have much money to spend on pc parts i have to stick to lower resolutions in some games. I'm looking to get a new monitor which is AnythingX1080 at any aspect ratio and any size that looks good in 1080p and decent in 720p and not a stretched up mess. Any help would be appriciated.

(Also I post alot of threads on this site since I'm not too knowlegeable on tech and am looking to start a setup. I really appreciate the help people give, thank you)

Trying to pick apart your post.

You want a monitor which (1) has a vertical pixel count of 1080, (2) doesn't matter what the horizontal pixel count is, and (3) can scale appropriately to a vertical pixel count of 720? Why not just go with a standard 1920x1080 monitor, which has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9?

If something is a 'stretched up mess' it sounds like the game doesn't account for certain resolutions, or the game only has a 4:3 aspect ratio and the monitor is chosen to stretch it out to fill a widescreen resolution.

Reactions: ElectrO_90

hang-the-9

Titan
Only monitors that can look good at any resolution without image distortions are the old CRT displays. If you want to maximize how modern monitors look at different resolutions, then get a good quality model for gaming, in the $180-200 range.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS