[SOLVED] Any monitors that are 1080p at any aspect ratio and/or size that look good in 720 and 1080p in games?

Pythonbites

Reputable
Feb 19, 2017
Hello. I'm looking at a new monitor. Since I use a GTX 1050 and I don't have much money to spend on pc parts i have to stick to lower resolutions in some games. I'm looking to get a new monitor which is AnythingX1080 at any aspect ratio and any size that looks good in 1080p and decent in 720p and not a stretched up mess. Any help would be appriciated.

(Also I post alot of threads on this site since I'm not too knowlegeable on tech and am looking to start a setup. I really appreciate the help people give, thank you)

Solution
Trying to pick apart your post.

You want a monitor which (1) has a vertical pixel count of 1080, (2) doesn't matter what the horizontal pixel count is, and (3) can scale appropriately to a vertical pixel count of 720? Why not just go with a standard 1920x1080 monitor, which has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9?

If something is a 'stretched up mess' it sounds like the game doesn't account for certain resolutions, or the game only has a 4:3 aspect ratio and the monitor is chosen to stretch it out to fill a widescreen resolution.
Trying to pick apart your post.

You want a monitor which (1) has a vertical pixel count of 1080, (2) doesn't matter what the horizontal pixel count is, and (3) can scale appropriately to a vertical pixel count of 720? Why not just go with a standard 1920x1080 monitor, which has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9?

If something is a 'stretched up mess' it sounds like the game doesn't account for certain resolutions, or the game only has a 4:3 aspect ratio and the monitor is chosen to stretch it out to fill a widescreen resolution.

Reactions: ElectrO_90
Solution