[SOLVED] Any new "popular" FPS action/deathmatch games?

Samduhman

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2016
I'm starting to go mental and looking for a fix. Every game seems to be pigeonholed into small teams, squads or battle royale. I just want a good old fashion frag-fest. Like the early Battlefields, UT, Quake and COD games. COD may be an option but I became bored with the rinse and repeat 10+ years ago.

Over the past couple years I've had some fun, nothing to write home about playing Star Wars BF2, Battlefield V (BFV has squads but you don't have to work together and you won't get kicked if you don't). Did some Overwatch but not a fan.

Maybe it's a good thing since I've been finally playing some of my 1000+ single player titles. ;)

If you have a recommendation please respond.

Solution
2042 is out of course, they increased the player count to 128. Seem to have gotten rid of the class system which kind of put me off a bit. I haven't yet tried it myself. But the reviews were lukewarm from people who have played the original (which I probably have more hours into then I care to admit)

If there were more active players, I would probably still play the Unreal Tournament remake on UE4. Sadly all development switched over to Fortnite. A good match to the original and similar to UT3 as well. Never really cared for UT 2k3 or 2k4. (heck I built a computer to play UT3 dx10 required)

Haven't had a Quake game in a while, I guess there is Doom and Doom Eternal. Maybe Quake is next? I know people still actively play Q3 Arena as...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
2042 is out of course, they increased the player count to 128. Seem to have gotten rid of the class system which kind of put me off a bit. I haven't yet tried it myself. But the reviews were lukewarm from people who have played the original (which I probably have more hours into then I care to admit)

If there were more active players, I would probably still play the Unreal Tournament remake on UE4. Sadly all development switched over to Fortnite. A good match to the original and similar to UT3 as well. Never really cared for UT 2k3 or 2k4. (heck I built a computer to play UT3 dx10 required)

Haven't had a Quake game in a while, I guess there is Doom and Doom Eternal. Maybe Quake is next? I know people still actively play Q3 Arena as well as the original UT.

CoD 2 and 4 were the only ones I really recall playing. I've never been a fan of having to level up equipment and was not happy when that came to BF. I usually just go for the weapon I want, then stop trying to progress. (which is often some single shot weapon, because I am weird that way)

Halo Infinite?

Solution