Any one here like win8 besides me?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

qwertyu8

Honorable
May 26, 2012
it feels like all i read about is how it sucks. but i actually enjoy the new UI. its faster to get around then 7 and one you get use to it and set it up to the way you like it its amazing. then again i honestly think its just win 7 but a little faster and a diffident approach. also i love win7 too. anyone else feel the way i do? i cant be the only one can i?

Solution
I don't need a new phone with little improvement over the one I have every year.
I don't need a new war based FPS shooter that differs little from the previous one every year.
I don't need a new operating system that offers a slight improvement over the one I'm using every 3 years.

It's marketing crap, and I don't play that game, I leave it to the suckers with more money than sense.

Robi_g

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
ld;dr
I like W8, running it on desktop now
Wouldn't upgrade from W7 as there's not much different but from my old XP OS it's a massive amount better. Only quarrel is that the music app is crap but that's what WMP is there to solve.

qwertyu8

Honorable
May 26, 2012

my ai suite II from asus doesnt work. its used for tweaking my pc settings on the fly. but im sure they make it compatible soon enough

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
just recently i had issues with Asus xonar control panel, but it was just a compatibility issue and someone had released an updated unified driver and software for win8 which works perfect. I can now use my surround sound system again :D i do like win8 and hope it works out better than win7.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
This thread was definitely entertaining.... I don't fix XP systems either. Of course, my circumstances are quite a bit different from other techs. But, the details aren't relevant to this thread.

Personally, I enjoy Win8. I'll be ordering my upgrade shortly. For me, there is no reason to stick with Win7 as I thoroughly enjoy using Win8 regardless of the complaints others have. Their complaints don't impact me a bit. Quite frankly, I've hated the Windows UI since Win95 launched.