Any one use The Brick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.

I bought it to use for DI bass, choosing it over the Avalon u5. It isn't as
pristine as the Avalon, but I think it's great.

>Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
>studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.

I've never used one, but why don't you get back to us with your observations
whenyou do.
Richard H. Kuschel

I have the direct box. It's noisy
--Lou Gimenez
The Music Lab
2" 24track w all the Goodies
www.musiclabnyc.com

> From: rickpv8945@aol.com (Richard Kuschel)
> Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
> Date: 12 Jan 2005 14:17:10 GMT
> Subject: Re: Any one use The Brick?
>

>> Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
>> studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.
>>

> I've never used one, but why don't you get back to us with your observations
> whenyou do.
> Richard H. Kuschel
> "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty

Mine aren't. Have you tried replacing the tubes? It might solve the
problem.

"Lou Gimenez" <themusiclab@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I have the direct box. It's noisy
> --Lou Gimenez
> The Music Lab
> 2" 24track w all the Goodies
> www.musiclabnyc.com
>

> > From: rickpv8945@aol.com (Richard Kuschel)
> > Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
> > Date: 12 Jan 2005 14:17:10 GMT
> > Subject: Re: Any one use The Brick?
> >

> >> Is anyone using Groovetubes The Brick? What do you think of it for
> >> studio/live work if you do? I'm gonna try it to record bass guitar.
> >>

> > I've never used one, but why don't you get back to us with your
observations
> > whenyou do.
> > Richard H. Kuschel
> > "I canna change the law of physics."-----Scotty

I replaced the tubes in mine when I got it (thanks, LV) and it is quiet
and sounds a lot better with the new tubes.

Edwin

In article <41e5b745$0$1609$a1866201@visi.com>,
"Henri Minette" <hgminette@locklaw.com> wrote:

> Mine aren't. Have you tried replacing the tubes? It might solve the
> problem.
>

> "Lou Gimenez" <themusiclab@optonline.net> wrote in message
> > I have the direct box. It's noisy
> > --Lou Gimenez
> > The Music Lab
> > 2" 24track w all the Goodies
> > www.musiclabnyc.com

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:01:30 -0500, Edwin Hurwitz wrote
(in article <edwin-AFE008.20013012012005@corp.supernews.com>):

> I replaced the tubes in mine when I got it (thanks, LV) and it is quiet
> and sounds a lot better with the new tubes.

I have a DITTO and Brick. No problem with noise.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Status