[SOLVED] Any one with ASUS KGPE-D16 server motherboard working in this time ? AMD 6220 , 24GB Ram etc ?

Aug 26, 2021
Hi Guys !
I am updating my AMD 6220 workstation with 32Gb Ram 520 Zotac Will that worth doing ? Rather Intel 10 Gen will be Fine I am working for video editing 4k and animation.

Thank You !

Solution
I suppose it somewhat depends on what 10th gen Intel, but give the age difference, hard to believe any late model Intel would be slower. Looking at double the single core performance, and only 8 threads on the 6220, so a 10th gen i5 or i7 would certainly outperform it in every test I can think of.

It would come down to a cost difference. If you can upgrade the 6220 for say $100 and the new 10th gen setup is closer to $500, then you aren't getting the better price/performance ratio, but certainly the more expensive option has better performance.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I suppose it somewhat depends on what 10th gen Intel, but give the age difference, hard to believe any late model Intel would be slower. Looking at double the single core performance, and only 8 threads on the 6220, so a 10th gen i5 or i7 would certainly outperform it in every test I can think of.

It would come down to a cost difference. If you can upgrade the 6220 for say $100 and the new 10th gen setup is closer to $500, then you aren't getting the better price/performance ratio, but certainly the more expensive option has better performance.

Solution