any opinions on this case

I have built in it before.

It is REALLY big compared to a normal case in terms of width. It doesn't fit anywhere a normal case would. I feel the back is TOO big. I can easily fit all the cables and wires in the back of a standard width case, so it seems a bit pointless to have the back be like 6 inches deeper for no reason.

I would say no it is not great for watercooling as you have no space where the PSU would be in a normal case for reservoirs and pumps.

I would get a standard case personally. This is a case meant to be different than the norm, not necessarily better than the norm.

IF you want to get a real upgrade have a look at the higher end NZXT or Thermaltake cases.

XlordB

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
I was thinking more of having a closed loop cooler for the cpu the airflow seems good to keep the gpus cool as the psu is out the way? which nzxt would you recommend? ive been looking at lots of different cases there are so many different from the raven 02-e to nzxt phantom and when i kind of see a case i sort of like after reading reviews it turns out some arent as good as the are made out to be lol its like being in a candy shop. Im mosly looking for a case that will cool my gpus really well "better than 70c on load". so i want a case that has good airflow but also allows for a decent watercooling setup.

Basically any case can use a closed loop cooler. The cooling is no different form how a normal case is. The PSU has nothing to do with GPU cooling.

The NZXT Phantom is a VERY good case. I like it alot. The Corsair 400r is also a good option.

70c load is not hot for GPUs at all. That is normal temp.

XlordB

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
I want less than 70c.. im fed up with throtting on my sli msi gtx 970s. the first card reaches 75 max but this is at complete stock settings in sli. it should be around 65-67 maximum at stock settings.

XlordB

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
Ive observed my gpu 1 throttling its boost clock all be it 13mhz but its the throttling process that is causing a slight stutter occasionlly. also my second gpu voltage runs 62mv less than my gpu1 :)

XlordB

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
also the voltage tends to drop aswell when the throttling happens i.e my first card will drop from 1.212 volts to 1.190 and second down to 1.130 from 1.150 its a pain in the bum. i didnt fork out 400 quid for a great perfoming card to have it underperform due to throttling for no reason since i like you know that 70c is not a big temp for these cards.

It isn't throttling due to temps, that's 100% guaranteed. You have another issue going on. IF they were throttling, simply change the settings so they don't throttle until like 80c.

XlordB

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
Ive tried a lot of those things you mention but i cannot seem to do anything with the msi bios as when i try the tweaker tool it locks everything so i cant change nothing. i tried a few custom bios to fix it but pc wont boot with any of them. ..

XlordB

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
to be honest if i could get the throttle or voltage problem to just do it at 80 instead of 70 taht would make everything fantastic. specially for overclocking but ive tried to no avail.

XlordB

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015
just found a tweaker that lets me change stuff lol .. now i need to figure out what to change in the tweaker to raise the thermal thingy.

Also what about a fractal design r5 case? i keep edging towards one but not sure if its best