[SOLVED] Any other way to repair windows 10?

green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
Hi
I seem to have some issues with my windows 10 installation for example when I right click on the desktop and click screen settings to change resolution and such the window never opens , same with personalisation settings it shows that the tab is trying to open but it closes immidiately , also when I click on windows update sometimes it just freezes the whole control panel and I have to close it and re-open it and other similar stuff like that. My only problem at the moment is that I cant do a clean installation for now because of the files I will lose so I tried looking for other ways to repair windows. I run all CMD commands scannow etc and they found 0 issues ,also tied the troubleshot and it didnt find any issues . Checked the system restore tab but If I do that it will unistall my programs...Is there anything else I can do to just repair the installtion without losing all my programs?

Solution
Hi
I seem to have some issues with my windows 10 installation for example when I right click on the desktop and click screen settings to change resolution and such the window never opens , same with personalisation settings it shows that the tab is trying to open but it closes immidiately , also when I click on windows update sometimes it just freezes the whole control panel and I have to close it and re-open it and other similar stuff like that. My only problem at the moment is that I cant do a clean installation for now because of the files I will lose so I tried looking for other ways to repair windows. I run all CMD commands scannow etc and they found 0 issues ,also tied the troubleshot and it didnt find any issues . Checked the...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi
I seem to have some issues with my windows 10 installation for example when I right click on the desktop and click screen settings to change resolution and such the window never opens , same with personalisation settings it shows that the tab is trying to open but it closes immidiately , also when I click on windows update sometimes it just freezes the whole control panel and I have to close it and re-open it and other similar stuff like that. My only problem at the moment is that I cant do a clean installation for now because of the files I will lose so I tried looking for other ways to repair windows. I run all CMD commands scannow etc and they found 0 issues ,also tied the troubleshot and it didnt find any issues . Checked the system restore tab but If I do that it will unistall my programs...Is there anything else I can do to just repair the installtion without losing all my programs?

There's no foolproof way to do this without risking the loss of your files. Unfortunately, this is why backups are a basic part of PC maintenance.

If you're that worried about your files, the safest option is to simply remove drive, install another one and do a full, fresh Windows install to that, and then try and recover your files from your current drive, either by installing it as a secondary drive or put it in a small hard drive enclosure and treat it as an external drive.

Solution

green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
There's no foolproof way to do this without risking the loss of your files. Unfortunately, this is why backups are a basic part of PC maintenance.

If you're that worried about your files, the safest option is to simply remove drive, install another one and do a full, fresh Windows install to that, and then try and recover your files from your current drive, either by installing it as a secondary drive or put it in a small hard drive enclosure and treat it as an external drive.

Lame , but I guess there isnt any way to do what I am asking is it. Thanks for the replies I will just try to backup my files and do the system restore thing or maybe a clean installation.