Question Any PCI-e 3.0 x 4 NVMe SSD noticeably faster than WD SN750 1 TB?

rmiller1959

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
I have a mini-PC with a WD SN750 1 TB NVMe SSD as my boot/apps drive. With all the sales on PCI-e 3.0x4 NVMe SSDs, I'm wondering if there are any particular models that would provide noticeable speed improvements over my current SSD? The marketing hype makes it seem like it's possible, but I don't buy it. I'd love the community's thoughts on this!

Pextaxmx

Reputable
Jun 15, 2020
I don't think you can get any faster than a WD PCIE3.0 flagship model.

One scenario is possible - if you move very large data frequently, and exhaust the SLC cache frequently, MLC NAND drives like Samsung 970 PRO can be faster at some point.

I have a mini-PC with a WD SN750 1 TB NVMe SSD as my boot/apps drive. With all the sales on PCI-e 3.0x4 NVMe SSDs, I'm wondering if there are any particular models that would provide noticeable speed improvements over my current SSD? The marketing hype makes it seem like it's possible, but I don't buy it. I'd love the community's thoughts on this!
Limiting factor is PCIe v3.0 so much faster is not possible.

I have a sn750.

I see r/w speed of 3000+/2400+.

What do you see?

TRENDING THREADS