Any problems with DFI motherboards?

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I've been noticing that pretty much all around this site that no one seems to care for DFI mobos. Is there a particular reason that people don't like them? I have had a DFI LP ultra-d for about 2 years and have had no problems with it. I am looking to upgrade pretty soon into a LGA 775 cpu(almost set on Q9450) and was looking at DFI's x38/48 mobos. They seem to have good features but very little reviews. Mostly seems that ASUS and gigabite are the primary boards that are being recommended. Any insight that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

I don't think it's a matter of people not caring... More a matter of Asus and Gigabyte being popular, and DFI tending to take an extra month or two to bring a new board to market.

Having said that, I *LOVE* my DFI UT LP P35 T2R

I've had a DFI Lanparty UT 3200CFX DR/G for 2-1/2 years and it's one of the best (right next to the Abit BH6) motherboards I ever owned. Hate to give up on it, but since it's socket 939, and I am ready for a new build, it's time has come and gone.
When I do build, I am going to seriously look at a DFI board/Intel quad combo.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
The LP NF4 series was the thing in its day and could not get me to buy thing else. Still have 2 rigs with Opteron chips at 3.3Ghz using DFI mobos. Sine then, they have reduced their flare and being very slow in getting back into the hard core overclocker market with the quad cores. I got soooo spoiled by thier NF4 series that looking at any other brand seems wrong but gotta do it.

califmike2003

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2008
Well dfi has sort of disapeard for awhile, but i have read reviews on there new boards, the p45 x48 and there very good boards. I own a gigabyte , and have had it for 2 months, im getting rid of it, gigabyte stinks, overclocks great high fsb, but the performance just aint there, gigabyte techs dont know how to make a good bios. So im going with a dfi ut 45 trs2 have heard great things about it, only other board i would buy would be a asus.