[SOLVED] Any problems with my new build?

jdidds

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
Hey guys! I'm just about to pull the plug with a a few upgrades to my pc (pretty much a new pc though as I need a new MB).

This pc is used for gaming and photo editing (photoshop etc), and some video editing. I don't want to get all these parts and them not be compatible. I've done as much as research as I can, and I think they'll all be good.

This is the line up...

• MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON, S-1151

• Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 16GB

• Intel Core i7-9700K Prosessor (and thermal grizzly kryonaut thermal paste)

• GTX 980Ti (transfered from my old pc as I can't upgrade that yet. Although it runs just fine at the moment)
Plus SSDs, HDD and a liquid cooler for my processor transfered from my old pc.

Solution
Thanks. Mm when it comes to memory. How do I know if this is the right type? This is the only thing I'm kinda stuck on.

You need to make sure your memory is fast enough for your CPU. If your CPU is too fast for your RAM. The CPU gets bottlenecked. (Can't perform optimal because another component is holding it down)

Data is fed from your RAM to your CPU, where it gets processed. If your CPU is done with one cluster of data but the RAM is not ready to feed the next, your CPU is just sitting ducks.

Jonas Taelman

Reputable
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks. Mm when it comes to memory. How do I know if this is the right type? This is the only thing I'm kinda stuck on.

You need to make sure your memory is fast enough for your CPU. If your CPU is too fast for your RAM. The CPU gets bottlenecked. (Can't perform optimal because another component is holding it down)

Data is fed from your RAM to your CPU, where it gets processed. If your CPU is done with one cluster of data but the RAM is not ready to feed the next, your CPU is just sitting ducks.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS