any program that will shut down pc if temps go too high ?

skopusnik

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Hi. is there any program [strike]who[/strike] that will shut down pc if temps go too high ? but not only for GPU, for whole PC... and maybe that program sent you an email if something is wrong in your PC,... tnx

Solution
Computers are designed to shut down automatically anyway if they overheat, in order to prevent permanent damage to components. You don't need an app for that.

The best you can do is install temperature monitoring software to keep an eye on temps.

Ensure your system has adequate cooling to start with, and keep the internal components free from dust accumulation by regular cleaning with an air-duster.
as far as i know, there isn't, but i wouldn't use it, coz i don't want a temperature spike to suddenly shut down my PC during work / gameplay XD

Parts will start throttling once u reach certain temperature, so u can relax there, also, the hotter your parts are, the louder the fan will spin, so i think u'll hear them out just fine (also u'll feel the performance decreasing because of the throttling so u'll know it when the temps are too high)

u can also use apps like Rivatuner to monitor your parts condition during gameplay (with OSD feature :))

PC should have their own safety measure, or so i've heard, but i have no experience of my PC shutting down on it's own (especially because of temps so i can't say)

Computers are designed to shut down automatically anyway if they overheat, in order to prevent permanent damage to components. You don't need an app for that.

The best you can do is install temperature monitoring software to keep an eye on temps.

Ensure your system has adequate cooling to start with, and keep the internal components free from dust accumulation by regular cleaning with an air-duster.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Recent CPU's will just throttle down performance to keep it just under the max temp. Not shut off.

A few months ago, one of my systems ran at max temp for about a week, due to a CPU cooler not quite locked down all the way. Stayed right at 98-100C.
Since it was a low performance, low demand system, I didn't even notice until I opened Speccy and saw the actual temp.