Any Pump + Reservoir + Controllers out there for water coolers?

CPUGuy123

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Looking for a sort of all in one package, but not the classic 'AIO' type system. Specifically, I've trying to find a pump that is housed in a reservoir AND that has controllers on the front for controller the pump, and possibly fans for the radiator that would fit in a double or single drive bay?

Koolance RP 1200

This one is exactly what I am talking about but a bit out of my price range. Anyone know if there is anything else out there like this?

Solution
Well it sounds like you are just wanting to do a custom loop just because. Might as well pony up and just do your whole system with a custom loop including the GPU.

I personally wouldn't touch the GPU as it has good enough cooling with the stock fans and it just adds another point of failure you'd have to monitor in the system. But if you really wanted to water cool GPU, and not custom loop your whole system. You could grab a decent AIO and just used an AIO GPU braket like the one below to convert it for use on the GPU.

https://www.amazon.com/Kraken-Matte-Cooling-Black-RL-KRG12-B1/dp/B06ZYHRMYP
Why not just use an AIO and then get a fan controller?

It's not like you are going to be adjusting pumps all day long. It's normally set it and forget it. Sounds like a waste of time and money to get a controller for the pump.

For controllers. I personally use this one. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX3RA2291 it was cheap and works great. (im sure by now they have newer models) I like they you can control fans separately or group them together and have several different groups. I use two groups. One for general system fans and one for the high pressure fans I use in rad.

Works like a charm.

The pump throttles with the usage of the PC. You shouldn't be hearing any noise from the pump unless its under load. If you do, you may need to think about a faulty pump and return it.

Those things are optimized for usage during off and on load times. You shouldn't have to make adjustments to pumps at all (especially an AIO pump).

I run an H115i and even under load I can't hear the pump. I hear the PC fans more then anything else and they are semi silent fans.

CPUGuy123

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Understood. I'm just trying to see my options at this point. Water cooling appears to be cheaper. An AIO would require a new card and/or be the same price of water cooling.

Thanks

A new card? You trying to water cool a GPU?

Also remember with a custom loop there is also maintenance. AIOs are maintenance free.

CPUGuy123

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
That is correct, it would be cooling the GPU. Current game is GPU intensive and I'm hitting max temps on the GPU.

I understand the maintenance. Future build would include cooling the CPU, which is why I'm leaning towards the custom loop.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you want an AIO that you can use in a custom loop, look at Swiftech. All Brass/Copper, full size DDC pump and G1/4 fittings so you can drain, expand, and re-fill the loop.

I have the older H240-X and have used it for CPU and SLI GPUs, currently just running a single GPU at the moment.

As for physical controls. I don't know of any. You could certainly add a potentiometer to the pump power if you wanted. Easier to hook them up to a modern motherboard and use software control for the Fans/Pump. Or, as mentioned, set it in the BIOS and forget it.

I should point out it ships as a CPU cooler, you'll still need to buy a GPU block for your card. You really only want to water cool high end GPUs as well. If you have a mid-range GPU, sell it, and upgrade the card. That way it has more capacity to handle your workload.

CPUGuy123

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Current card is a GTX 770. I understand the principal behind going to a water cooled system on top end cards, and that the cost/performance benefit on cooling these lower end cards is not there.

So just consider it personal preference /hobby at this time.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

I understand. Water cooling has very little benefit for single GPU systems in your typical situation. It is neat to do.

With a GTX770, you should be able to buy used blocks perhaps. Or if you want a deal on a GTX980 with a water block I have a pair laying around. You can see a really blurry picture of them in my signature.

Well it sounds like you are just wanting to do a custom loop just because. Might as well pony up and just do your whole system with a custom loop including the GPU.

I personally wouldn't touch the GPU as it has good enough cooling with the stock fans and it just adds another point of failure you'd have to monitor in the system. But if you really wanted to water cool GPU, and not custom loop your whole system. You could grab a decent AIO and just used an AIO GPU braket like the one below to convert it for use on the GPU.

https://www.amazon.com/Kraken-Matte-Cooling-Black-RL-KRG12-B1/dp/B06ZYHRMYP

Solution

TRENDING THREADS