[SOLVED] Any recomendations for a free alterantive to Norton(comcast)?

Solution
Just got notified that Comcast will no longer be offering Norton starting January and need a free alternative.
I would almost always certainly recommend Comodo Firewall+Antivirus This an amazingly good option. By keeping their products free they increase their monitoring over malware activity and samples. The firewall is also capable of working alongside Windows firewall very smoothly, and a great community is behind it and many years of experience has gone into it.
I am sure after setting the right settings you would never be looking for any other product.

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Just got notified that Comcast will no longer be offering Norton starting January and need a free alternative.
I would almost always certainly recommend Comodo Firewall+Antivirus This an amazingly good option. By keeping their products free they increase their monitoring over malware activity and samples. The firewall is also capable of working alongside Windows firewall very smoothly, and a great community is behind it and many years of experience has gone into it.
I am sure after setting the right settings you would never be looking for any other product.

Solution

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Any thoughts on pairing Kaspersky cloud free with Comodo Firewall?

Kaspersky AV Free has been issue-free for me for 15 months or so...; the USA's finger-pointing at Russian intelligence involvement is not much as far as evidence goes, and as many have wiresharked it endlessly for months looking for ANY suspicious connections and subsequently finding...well, none... I will keep using it. (It has done quite well over the years in repeated testing against a huge array of downloaded/executed malware samples, and, for sure it blocks suspicious/dubious websites with warnings to that effect, which is all one can expect.

Reactions: shafe88