Question Any recommendations for an external RAID bay?

Mister Lemons

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2014
Rummaged around the thread to see if there were any tips for this but they're either all out of date or wildly overkill for my uses.'

So my dual bay RAID enclosure finally bit the dust after 8 years as my plex server storage and now I'm in the market for a replacement. Amazon and Newegg are littered with four, five, six, and eight bay units that are WILDLY overkill. I've found a few dual bays, some of them even hot swappable, but they usually have some terrible reviews behind them so what's the point in having that mirrored storage for data safety if the unit itself has a chance to destroy it all. I'm done with surfing for tonight so I'll ask here.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a RAID unit they've been using? Dual bay would be preferable and I'm trying to keep it under $150 but I also don't want 4TB of data on some piece of junk.

I've got the server a corsair carbide 100R mid tower which seems to have the space for a dual drive RAID bay so an internal unit may be available but I haven't found one.

Thanks in advance.

Mister Lemons

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2014
You didn't specify what sort of drives you're going to be working with

Oh, yeah...

3.5 inch 'classic' drives to be specific. It's a 4TB (8TB total) RAID-1 setup for media storage; go figure that the enclosure would crap about before the disks. Already dropped some good cash on those units so I'm pretty solid on sticking with them, migrating data aside.

On that note, that's a pretty cool looking unit at face value. Amazon and newegg are lacking in the reviews department so it's a bit of a leap of faith.

TRENDING THREADS