Question Any recommendations for silent cooling components ?

May 24, 2023
Hello guys,

I come towards you today to get some advice. You see, my cooling system in my computer is driving me insane. When I want to record some voice over for a video, there is noise from my graphics card (RX 580 Armor OC 8G) but I already know this is a noisy card, but from my fans too, like a lot, even in idle. Let me introduce my setup to you guys:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Fan: Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2,
RAM: 16G DDR4 Corsair LPX ram (no low profile)
GPU: MSI RX 580 Armor OC 8G
a Cooler Master case fan at the top, and a Corsair Carbide SPEC 04 Tempered Glass case. I think my CPU fan isn't enough, since my setup can be pretty hot sometimes, and my case fan is driving me insane.

What I aim for is an efficient cooling system, with a CPU fan and a case fan, something that is quiet in idle and doesn't blow like a taking off plane under load. So, what I need is a AM4 ready CPU fan, and a case fan, since my motherboard doesn't allow me another case fan (because of only one other fan plug on my motherboard). Speaking of budget, I would go for 120€ total, which is 130$ total.

If you have any idea for me, it would be great.
Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english, I'm French.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I come towards you today to get some advice. You see, my cooling system in my computer is driving me insane. When I want to record some voice over for a video, there is noise from my graphics card (RX 580 Armor OC 8G) but I already know this is a noisy card, but from my fans too, like a lot, even in idle. Let me introduce my setup to you guys:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
CPU Fan: Be Quiet Pure Rock Slim
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2,
RAM: 16G DDR4 Corsair LPX ram (no low profile)
GPU: MSI RX 580 Armor OC 8G
a Cooler Master case fan at the top, and a Corsair Carbide SPEC 04 Tempered Glass case. I think my CPU fan isn't enough, since my setup can be pretty hot sometimes, and my case fan is driving me insane.

What I aim for is an efficient cooling system, with a CPU fan and a case fan, something that is quiet in idle and doesn't blow like a taking off plane under load. So, what I need is a AM4 ready CPU fan, and a case fan, since my motherboard doesn't allow me another case fan (because of only one other fan plug on my motherboard). Speaking of budget, I would go for 120€ total, which is 130$ total.

If you have any idea for me, it would be great.
Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english, I'm French.
For a CPU fan look at the Be Quiet Shadow Rock 3. Your current cooler has a 120W TDP whereas the Shadow Rock 3 increases that to 190W. Both are plenty for a 65W TDP Ryzen 2600, but the higher the TDP on the Shadow Rock 3 should allow for the fan to run at a lower speed. Here is a review of that cooler: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/be-quiet-shadow-rock-3/2

When it comes to case fans, look at the NF-P12 redux-1300 PWM or its non PWM variant. They will offer good performance and are all of 20dB.

Reactions: Tanabata

TRENDING THREADS