Question Any recommendations from the ones I am looking at?

njsporto

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
1080p graphics, i5 cpu, looking ~300 price range

thinking 4060, 6700xt, maybe 3060 oc 12g (may need renewed shrug).

play eq2, world of warships, bunch others dont know if need ray tracing for example... dont need bleeding edge. 1 monitor (not 4k).

had a 2060 worked great, till fan stopped working and card shuts down assume to heat. (when i pull it, i can replace use for maybe a few days then it dies again)...

may wait till black friday etc...

was potentially also looking at the ARC but the power requirements put me off.

6700xt is the best of those. Check the power requirements though. But performance on that should be closer to a 3060ti. You might also check on the 6750xt. It’s basically an overclocked 6700xt. If I remember right though, the 6750xt was essentially keeping up with the 4060ti 8gb in some games.

If you are willing to look at use you can get the 6700xt used on eBay at 250 or less sometimes.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
1080p graphics, i5 cpu, looking ~300 price range

thinking 4060, 6700xt, maybe 3060 oc 12g (may need renewed shrug).

play eq2, world of warships, bunch others dont know if need ray tracing for example... dont need bleeding edge. 1 monitor (not 4k).

had a 2060 worked great, till fan stopped working and card shuts down assume to heat. (when i pull it, i can replace use for maybe a few days then it dies again)...

may wait till black friday etc...

was potentially also looking at the ARC but the power requirements put me off.

What's the exact brand and model of your current PSU? Can't make any kind of responsible GPU suggestion without knowing a basic bit of information like this.