Any recommendations on a new processor?

Solution

If you are having trouble keeping your current processor cool, invest in a closed-circuit water cooling system. If you are a hypochondriac who worries about the temp reaching "unsafe" levels, this would be your safe haven.

--> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181035&cm_re=h110-_-35-181-035-_-Product

This is the most expensive model. Corsair has a whole range of water cooling systems. This is not like a custom loop. This attaches too your Processor like any other heat sink would. You then mount the radiator on the top or side of your case, and tadaa! You have a water cooled PC...

matt1-0-1

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
All the CPU's that would work in your motherboard are going to be difficult to keep cool - your best option if you are looking for good temps is probably the FX 8320E - but Intel really is the king for good power efficiency etc.

ZskNinoh

Reputable
Dec 31, 2014

If you are having trouble keeping your current processor cool, invest in a closed-circuit water cooling system. If you are a hypochondriac who worries about the temp reaching "unsafe" levels, this would be your safe haven.

--> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181035&cm_re=h110-_-35-181-035-_-Product

This is the most expensive model. Corsair has a whole range of water cooling systems. This is not like a custom loop. This attaches too your Processor like any other heat sink would. You then mount the radiator on the top or side of your case, and tadaa! You have a water cooled PC. This required no maintenance (other from dust build up, clean with air duster once a year). This will keep your processor icy cool, as this is used on the AMD FX - 9590. Which comes pre-clocked at 4.7 ghs, and is an octa core.

This water cooled system comes pre-filled with water, is is guaranteed by corsair to never spring a leak. Even if it did I am sure corsair would cover the damage.

If this does not fit within your price range, one of the lower models should suffice.

Solution

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

That motherboard is trash. You get what you pay for at $39. I would not use anything past a four core on it. I have that board with an Athlon II X4.