Question Any recommendations on changes to my build?

Jul 19, 2022
I want to upgrade most of my system which I have been doing by buying better cpus, gpus, ram, storage, etc but I want to upgrade it with more latest tech. I want the pc itself to look good but also have a nice performance, mainly going for a high end build.

My current build consists of:

case - corsair carbide spec-04
gpu - asus dual evo 2060 super oc
cpu - ryzen 7 3700x
motherboard - asus prime a320m-k
ram - 2x8gb corsair vengeance
storage - 1tb hdd and 1tb samsung 970 evo
psu - corsair cx650
cpu cooler - nzxt kraken x63 280mm (mounted on front of case with fans mounted on the outside pushing air in)

I want to upgrade my build to the following but want some advice or recommendations:

case - corsair obsidian 500d se
gpu - asus tuf 3070 v2 oc edition
cpu - ryzen 7 3700x
motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS
ram - 2x16gb trident z rgb ram (I'm sure trident z has more ghz?)
storage - 1tb hdd and 2 x 1tb samsung 970 evo
psu - corsair cx650
cpu cooler - nzxt kraken x63 280mm (mounted on the top of the case as an intake with fans mounted on the inside pulling air in)

the upgrades that I need to do are:

• case
  • gpu
  • motherboard
  • ram
  • additional storage
  • additional fans for corsair obsidian 500d se case

Anything you would improve/change on this build not including the case?

Reactions: Why_Me
Jul 19, 2022
May I ask why you want to upgrade? You don't have CPU in the list of things you want to upgrade yet you have a new motherboard. The motherboard you have is already very good and would take a Ryzen 5000 CPU like a 5950X.
Not sure whether to upgrade the cpu incase there's any bottleneck (I'm not sure if there will be)
A new motherboard comes with more slots for NVMe storage and other ports like ram, fan controls, etc

Not sure whether to upgrade the cpu incase there's any bottleneck (I'm not sure if there will be)
A new motherboard comes with more slots for NVMe storage and other ports like ram, fan controls, etc
I suspect at times there will be a CPU bottleneck yes, it's just a question of how often and and by how much. I suppose in my mind it's still a very capable CPU with a very good quality motherboard. What refresh rate do you play at and what games?

Jul 19, 2022
I suspect at times there will be a CPU bottleneck yes, it's just a question of how often and and by how much. I suppose in my mind it's still a very capable CPU with a very good quality motherboard. What refresh rate do you play at and what games?
usually rust and valorant, i also edit with ae and vegas pro

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The A320 series has no pcie4.0, it barely has pcie3.0, most of it is still pcie2.0 and is limited to usb 3.0, which kinda sucks for external drives and no type-C accessibility.

X570 is totally pcie4.0, with USB 3.2+2.

For ram, 3600 is as high as you want to go, it stays in the 1:1 f/m/u clock ratio at 1800. Going above 3733MHz drops that into a 1:2 m/u clock ratio and fps can suffer.

You aren't going to power a 3070 on a CX650 for very long. Transient spikes will shut that down constantly with heavy sporadic usage. I'd opt for at least an RMx750.