Any recommended CPU cooler for i7 8700k?

id4nte2013

Prominent
Nov 10, 2017
hi i'm getting i7 8700k
and msi z370m gaming pro ac motherboard

currently i have Intel cpu cooler and i5 7400.

can you recommend me a cpu cooler that will fit and work perfectly with the new setup ?

btw i have a microATX case

Solution
You'd have to check your case specs, and see what the max cooler height specs are...

An 8700K is a warm CPU, to say the least, and the using a potentially too-smallish cooler just to accommodate a small microATX case to avoid spending $50 on a Corsair 100R might be...worthy of re-examination...(BTW, the excellent Noctua NH-D15 will just fit in a windowed Corsair 100R with less than 2 mm to spare...)

(Perhaps you can repurpose the m-atx case for a home theatre and/or home file server usage
You'd have to check your case specs, and see what the max cooler height specs are...

An 8700K is a warm CPU, to say the least, and the using a potentially too-smallish cooler just to accommodate a small microATX case to avoid spending $50 on a Corsair 100R might be...worthy of re-examination...(BTW, the excellent Noctua NH-D15 will just fit in a windowed Corsair 100R with less than 2 mm to spare...)

(Perhaps you can repurpose the m-atx case for a home theatre and/or home file server usage

Solution
Aug 15, 2018
It all depends. If you want to go with an AIO you have to check if your case supports 120mm or 140, and how much fan slots you have in a row. As well as if you want the classical heatskink you should see the hight of your case and then the community could help you with this
(Just the name of the case is enough)

TRENDING THREADS