Any regulars still haunting this place?

Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while. Anyone still
posting regularly? I'm putting together another MAME machine. I sold
all my other machines before moving last Spring and haven't played a
game in ages. Have a cabinet with 27" TV already mounted and still
have a Slikstik. Getting a free Dell PIII PC next week, which will be
an upgrade from my last MAME PC (Athlon 800mhz). Just will need
another Happs 27" monitor bezel and install new t-molding on the
cabinet and it will be ready to go.

So I'll have to get a complete set from one of the burners again. What
version is MAME up to these days? Any additions of notable games?

Do you mean "good luck in trying" to gets roms from burners because
there are no longer burners providing this service? Or are you trying
to be clever as if a burner wouldn't deal with me? I've always used
the burners for my ROM sets in the past, so that's never been a
problem.

Just trying to make conversation on a MAME forum by asking what's new
lately in the world of game releases. That is ON topic in this forum
still, isn't it? Just wondering if there's anyone here that plays the
games (vs. collecting roms sets) and has a few new favorite games
they'd like to mention.

Figured I'd get the lame Sinner comments, cause he's always been about
the "search Google" replies. I suppose I will search Google to see if
he has ever built his MAME machine yet. That's good for a laugh.

"pileofmonkeycrap" <pileofmonkeycrap@aol.com> wrote in

> So I'll have to get a complete set from one of the burners again. What
> version is MAME up to these days? Any additions of notable games?

"Notable" is arguably subjective. You'll just have to do some looking
yourself. :)

www.mame.net Find "Documents" -> "Gamelist"

www.mameworld.net/maws

sinner

* pileofmonkeycrap wrote in alt.games.mame:
> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while.

Why start now?

> Anyone still
> posting regularly? I'm putting together another MAME machine. I sold
> all my other machines before moving last Spring and haven't played a
> game in ages. Have a cabinet with 27" TV already mounted and still
> have a Slikstik. Getting a free Dell PIII PC next week, which will be
> an upgrade from my last MAME PC (Athlon 800mhz). Just will need
> another Happs 27" monitor bezel and install new t-molding on the
> cabinet and it will be ready to go.

> So I'll have to get a complete set from one of the burners again. What
> version is MAME up to these days? Any additions of notable games?

What, your browser broken?

--
David
Now I can finally explain to everyone why I do this. I just got $7 worth

SINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote in news:28keh2xc0p.ln2
@news.gates_of_hell.com:

> * pileofmonkeycrap wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while.
>
> Why start now?

Good Answer !

--
There are known problems with this poster
Cocktail mode is not supported

SINNER wrote on 25. March 2005:

> * pileofmonkeycrap wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while.
>
> Why start now?

Aah, the good old times. *g*

Btw. did you get my mail from today? I have the feeling they don't reach
you.
--
By(e) Andreas

Tim O thought about it a bit, then said...

> That didn't take long! It might sound unbelievable, but I must say
> I've missed the bickering and insults. Now it feels like home again!
> LOL

Let's see, POMC resurfaced with a posting at 6:13pm...Sinner responded
at 6:50pm. All hell broke loose shortly thereafter.

Seems like old times...

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

"pileofmonkeycrap" <pileofmonkeycrap@aol.com> wrote in frenzy of gak
fuelled meyhem news:1111792421.696071.289400@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while. Anyone still
> posting regularly? I'm putting together another MAME machine. I sold
> all my other machines before moving last Spring and haven't played a
> game in ages. Have a cabinet with 27" TV already mounted and still
> have a Slikstik. Getting a free Dell PIII PC next week, which will be
> an upgrade from my last MAME PC (Athlon 800mhz). Just will need
> another Happs 27" monitor bezel and install new t-molding on the
> cabinet and it will be ready to go.
>
> So I'll have to get a complete set from one of the burners again. What
> version is MAME up to these days? Any additions of notable games?

In order of questions.

Hello, yes, whoopy, shame, lucky you, nice for you, thats nice to hear,
good luck in trying, 94 with a couple u releases, quite a few.

& one extra... Oh, lucky us.

sinner

* Andreas Kohlbach wrote in alt.games.mame:
> SINNER wrote on 25. March 2005:

>> * pileofmonkeycrap wrote in alt.games.mame:
>>> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while.

>> Why start now?

> Aah, the good old times. *g*

> Btw. did you get my mail from today? I have the feeling they don't reach
> you.

I responded to one yesterday. I will check.

--
David
It's later than you think, the joint Russian-American space mission has

sinner

* Kevin Steele wrote in alt.games.mame:
> Tim O thought about it a bit, then said...

>> That didn't take long! It might sound unbelievable, but I must say
>> I've missed the bickering and insults. Now it feels like home again!
>> LOL

> Let's see, POMC resurfaced with a posting at 6:13pm...Sinner responded
> at 6:50pm. All hell broke loose shortly thereafter.

> Seems like old times...

Its out of my system. G2 added to the kill file globally, its rare they
have anything to say I want to hear anyway. I had been putting it off, I
actually have to thank POMC for a change.

--
David
I want EARS! I want two ROUND BLACK EARS to make me feel warm 'n secure!!

SpINNER <99nesorjd@gates_of_hell.invalid> wrote in news:tlpeh2xm7p.ln2
@news.gates_of_hell.com:

> Urm, a JAMMA cab IS a MAME machine you dolt.

Urm a Jamma Cabinet is a Jamma Cabinet. It can be USED as a MAME machine
you dolt.

Kevin Steele <net-replyDEL@DELadelphia.net> wrote in

> Seems like old times...

Yep. SINNER is still the easiest to troll silly yank on usenet. That's for
sure.

"pileofmonkeycrap" <pileofmonkeycrap@aol.com> wrote in

> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while. Anyone still
> posting regularly? I'm putting together another MAME machine. I sold
> all my other machines before moving last Spring and haven't played a
> game in ages. Have a cabinet with 27" TV already mounted and still
> have a Slikstik. Getting a free Dell PIII PC next week, which will be
> an upgrade from my last MAME PC (Athlon 800mhz). Just will need
> another Happs 27" monitor bezel and install new t-molding on the
> cabinet and it will be ready to go.
>
> So I'll have to get a complete set from one of the burners again. What
> version is MAME up to these days? Any additions of notable games?

If I bought lots and lots of DVDs of the cult classic 'Monkey' and then
assembled them in one big heap on the floor, what would I have?

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns962D562898674lob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> "pileofmonkeycrap" <pileofmonkeycrap@aol.com> wrote in
>
>> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while. Anyone still
>> posting regularly? I'm putting together another MAME machine. I sold
>> all my other machines before moving last Spring and haven't played a
>> game in ages. Have a cabinet with 27" TV already mounted and still
>> have a Slikstik. Getting a free Dell PIII PC next week, which will be
>> an upgrade from my last MAME PC (Athlon 800mhz). Just will need
>> another Happs 27" monitor bezel and install new t-molding on the
>> cabinet and it will be ready to go.
>>
>> So I'll have to get a complete set from one of the burners again.
What
>> version is MAME up to these days? Any additions of notable games?
>>

> If I bought lots and lots of DVDs of the cult classic 'Monkey' and then
> assembled them in one big heap on the floor, what would I have?

a. pileofmonkeydvds

lob

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns962D5660AB4AElob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in
> 203.26.24.228:
>
>> "pileofmonkeycrap" <pileofmonkeycrap@aol.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Hey, haven't poked my head in here in quite a while. Anyone still
>>> posting regularly? I'm putting together another MAME machine. I
sold
>>> all my other machines before moving last Spring and haven't played a
>>> game in ages. Have a cabinet with 27" TV already mounted and still
>>> have a Slikstik. Getting a free Dell PIII PC next week, which will
be
>>> an upgrade from my last MAME PC (Athlon 800mhz). Just will need
>>> another Happs 27" monitor bezel and install new t-molding on the
>>> cabinet and it will be ready to go.
>>>
>>> So I'll have to get a complete set from one of the burners again.
> What
>>> version is MAME up to these days? Any additions of notable games?
>>>

>> If I bought lots and lots of DVDs of the cult classic 'Monkey' and
then
>> assembled them in one big heap on the floor, what would I have?
>>

> a. pileofmonkeydvds
>
> lob

Actually, I was at the zoo in Wellington (NZ) last week, and went to the
monkey enclosure...there on the ground...

[lob stops here, and puts his standup comedian career on hold forever]

"Sune Salminen" <salminen@monkeydoktor.dk> wrote in news:424f2542$0$78286
$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk:

> lob wrote:
>
> /snip

>>> a. pileofmonkeydvds
>>>

>> Actually, I was at the zoo in Wellington (NZ) last week, and went to
>> the monkey enclosure...there on the ground...
>>
>> [lob stops here, and puts his standup comedian career on hold forever]
>
> I laughed... Hope you do a comeback soon.

Hear No Evil
See No Evil
Speak No Evil
Smell No Evil

lob

SINNER wrote:

> * lob Wrote in alt.games.mame:
>

>>Hear No Evil
>>See No Evil
>>Speak No Evil
>>Smell No Evil
>

> Have no fun.

Have no Girlfriend.
--
FSogol

lob's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body were:
> "Sune Salminen" <salminen@monkeydoktor.dk> wrote in news:424f2542$0$78286
> $157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk:
>> lob wrote:
>> /snip
>>> Actually, I was at the zoo in Wellington (NZ) last week, and went to
>>> the monkey enclosure...there on the ground...
>>> [lob stops here, and puts his standup comedian career on hold forever]
>> I laughed... Hope you do a comeback soon.
> Hear No Evil
> See No Evil
> Speak No Evil
> Smell No Evil

Can I still taste evil? Licking evil can be fun...

lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns96383F23FB5CBlob30yahoocom@
203.26.24.228:

<snip>

> what does pileofmonkeycrap have for breakfast?

a. pileofcereal

lob

sinner

* lob Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> lob <lob30REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:Xns96383F23FB5CBlob30yahoocom@ 203.26.24.228:
>
> <snip>
>
>> what does pileofmonkeycrap have for breakfast?
>
> a. pileofcereal
>
> lob

I was thinking Fly Vommit...

--