Question any review for Gigabyte B450M GAMING ?

Wow...DVI and is that a VGA port? PS/2 Keyboard AND PS/2 Mouse port? OK, I get it that most gamers go for discrete graphics and don't care about the DVI and VGA ports... or lack of HDMI, more to the point... but that space on the I/O panel could have been much better used for more USB ports.

Actually, it seems a very confused board in that the market it targets could be old-school industrial/commercial because of the I/O selection except the gaming motif is strong with this one, if just in the color scheme.

It does have what appears to be a healthy VRM heatsink. Makes me think industrial applications again...good cooling for dusty or closed cabinet installations. Would be nice to know what's under it though; what FET's are used and how many.

Otherwise it seems a pretty typical B450 board with low-end audio codec and a paucity of USB ports.

Apr 22, 2019
Wow...DVI and is that a VGA port? PS/2 Keyboard AND PS/2 Mouse port? OK, I get it that most gamers go for discrete graphics and don't care about the DVI and VGA ports... or lack of HDMI, more to the point... but that space on the I/O panel could have been much better used for more USB ports.

Actually, it seems a very confused board in that the market it targets could be old-school industrial/commercial because of the I/O selection except the gaming motif is strong with this one, if just in the color scheme.

It does have what appears to be a healthy VRM heatsink. Makes me think industrial applications again...good cooling for dusty or closed cabinet installations. Would be nice to know what's under it though; what FET's are used and how many.

Otherwise it seems a pretty typical B450 board with low-end audio codec and a paucity of USB ports.

other options are

Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
MSI B450M MORTAR
MSI B450M PRO-VDH
MSI B450M BAZOOKA

what should i pick ?

other options are

Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
MSI B450M GAMING PLUS
MSI B450M MORTAR
MSI B450M PRO-VDH
MSI B450M BAZOOKA

what should i pick ?

In that mix the B450M Mortar followed by B450M Gaming Plus.

I have a Mortar and it's a cool running board with a 1700 running at 3.95Ghz. Latest BIOS updates have given it (and most other MSI boards) VCore offset adjustment which helps keep a cool CPU while overclocked.