Question Any review on this PSU?

pivodrums

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
don't buy cheap PSUs (unknown brands), do yourself a favour and buy a well known PSU brand like Corsair, Antec, Evga, Cooler Master, anything made by Seasonic actually...

bignastyid

Titan
don't buy cheap PSUs (unknown brands), do yourself a favour and buy a well known PSU brand like Corsair, Antec, Evga, Cooler Master, anything made by Seasonic actually...
Silverstone is not an unknown brand, and their units used to easily be better than coolermaster(most of CMs psus are junk). Unfortunately not every Seasonic is good, their latest S12iii models are not even made by Seasonic and aren't very good units.

Im on a tight budget for a 650w psu and saw this.
https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=734&area=en

Anyone can give a review if its worth?

There are no reviews available for that model. All I can tell you is that it seems to be made CWT, given its 12v and temp rating I'd say it's likely not one of their better platforms. If you post your specs, budget and location we can try and help you find a PSU.

Jun 13, 2019
Im from Cebu, Philippines. A budget of around 80$ or 4k PHP. Theres a few shops like cebu appliance center on facebook or pcquickbuys that are easily available for me if that can help you guys out

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Silverstone is not an unknown brand, and their units used to easily be better than coolermaster(most of CMs psus are junk). Unfortunately not every Seasonic is good, their latest S12iii models are not even made by Seasonic and aren't very good units.

Dang!! Wait, just to clarify, are you saying that earlier S12iii models are good, but more recent ones aren't? Or that the S12ii was good, but not the S12iii?

Either way, it's disappointing, and I feel like I've given bad advice now. I thought I could depend on Seasonic being the one you couldn't go wrong with... :(

bignastyid

Titan
Dang!! Wait, just to clarify, are you saying that earlier S12iii models are good, but more recent ones aren't? Or that the S12ii was good, but not the S12iii?

Either way, it's disappointing, and I feel like I've given bad advice now. I thought I could depend on Seasonic being the one you couldn't go wrong with... :(
S12iii is new and supposedly the replacement for the older s12ii, however the s12ii is better quality than the newer non seasonic built s12iii. Not sure why seasonic would do this but a bean counter or two is likely involved.

Im from Cebu, Philippines. A budget of around 80$ or 4k PHP. Theres a few shops like cebu appliance center on facebook or pcquickbuys that are easily available for me if that can help you guys out
I don't use facebook so I can't see what they have as they don't seem to have a proper website.