Question Any screened/shielded cable from header port to VGA D-sub ?

PeterMuellerr

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
Do shielded/screened video cables from the VGA D-Sub slot to the VGA header port on the motherboard exist? I have ASUS WS C422 PRO/SE (2066) mainboard and my current cable is unshielded and I see lots of interference noise of the screen (probably, but not completely surely, due to the missing shielding) when using the VGA video output.

kanewolf

Titan
Do shielded/screened video cables from the VGA D-Sub slot to the VGA header port on the motherboard exist? I have ASUS WS C422 PRO/SE (2066) mainboard and my current cable is unshielded and I see lots of interference noise of the screen (probably, but not completely surely, due to the missing shielding) when using the VGA video output.
I doubt it. That is a proprietary implementation, that is intended to provide "crash cart" access for boot or troubleshooting. I wouldn't recommend using VGA for anything more.

PeterMuellerr

Commendable
Mar 29, 2021
@kanewolf Of course the VGA standard is outdated, but the costs of living have gone up, so I save money and will have to live, at least for a while, with an old (and still perfectly usable) VGA monitor. What exactly is it that you call proprietary?

kanewolf

Titan
@kanewolf Of course the VGA standard is outdated, but the costs of living have gone up, so I save money and will have to live, at least for a while, with an old (and still perfectly usable) VGA monitor. What exactly is it that you call proprietary?
The fact that they chose to bring the BMC VGA out to motherboard pins. Even ASUS thinks this is a depreciated interface.